Want to buy new pc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Hi

I want to buy a new pc,47k
What I have thought ,please add on and give suggestions.

Amd 3400 64 754 newcastle-11.8k
Asus k8n-5.6k
512mb*2 ddr 400 kingston - 7200
psu+dvd drive - 2000(400watts local power supply)
27k,all this is fixed

I already have a 128mb radeon 9800pro ati 8x

HD-80gb samsung,2600
cabinet-1000
kb+mouse-1000
cd rw-1500
6000 till now

Now,i have not more than 14k left in which i have to go for speakers + monitor.

Speakers:

1)I want high quality sound,creative 2.1 is useless

2)I want quality bass,again creative 2.1 is useless

I have in mind sony 2.1(20watts) for 4700approx mrp
Give suggestions

Which monitor should i go for

should i go for samatron 15"tft fro 10k

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I can't add 7k for a 19"monitor,also they are very bulky and their size is too big , i don't want it

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
akshayt said:
I can't add 7k for a 19"monitor,also they are very bulky and their size is too big , i don't want it
Hey 19" monitor isent 17K !!!
Well then 15" TFT is a good choice !!!

Doc Holliday

Broken In
I'd say this for the speakers - stick to Altec Lansing, the bass freak you are. Creative falls flat as far as bass reproduction is concerned. Actually, ask me, Creative falls flat when you compare it to Altecs in any case :D

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
for monitor i am thinking of 793mb or 763mb,cost?

i want 5.1surround speakers for good sound quality and superb gaming with decent music
sound quality first
bass second

creative inpire 2.1 has bass/sound quality which i reject as much as possible

approx budget for speakers-6k
for monitor 7-7.5k

suave_guy

pedal to metal
hello akshayt....

monitor: Definately go for Samsung 793 MB

i want 5.1surround speakers for good sound quality and superb gaming with decent music
sound quality first
bass second
the problem with 5.1 is that u cant find a very good speaker model under 8K....i mean there are some decent onces but u just cant expect superb sound quality from them....or in other words the quality ur expecting....

option 1: If u have a budget of 5K then go for Altec Lansing 251, its a good 5.1 speaker sys. and slightly better then creative inspire 5.1 in terms of bass and definately scores over creative in gaming and movies but in music creative inspire has a slight edge due to better midrange sound production....but overall altec lansing 251 is better....

Option2: this is what i suggest, see ur buying a new computer so this is the exact time where u can slightly strech ur budget and it shud not bother u much....well if u can spend 8K then go for Altec Lansing 5100, now this is one speaker model which can give competition to any 5.1 speakers on its day :p and the fact that they are superb looking doesnt hurt either....everything is perfect about this speaker, bass which can rattle ur house :p and sound quality which can rattle ur senses :p andsee u just have to spend 3-4K more for this much, i'm sure u can do that ;)

apne dad ko set kar :p

ENjoy :)

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
i don't think i will be able to manage it as i also have to buy a creative 5.1 sound card for 2k and i am thinking of logitech x 530 whose showroom price is 7k or was that much,how about this one?

what is the cost of 793mb and what is the diff b/w it and 763mb?

just in terms of sound qualiy which is better :
x530 or altec lansing 2.1 worth rs.5000

suave_guy

pedal to metal
dude...dont compare a 5.1 setup with a 2.1 setup....

now lets come to logitech x-530 a 5.1 setup, interesting looking with an efficient subwoofer....but let me draw ur attention to some reality now....logitech speakers...the first thing which comes to my mind when i think about logitech speakers is boomy bass and "UNBALANCED" sound reproduction....agreed that logitech is improving in terms of sound quality but still their speakers lack in terms of overall balanced sound quality....they produce some serious kick ass bass subwoofers but are equally bad in matching satellites(midrange speakers) with the subwoofer due to the result of which all u experience is more n more bass(read unruly bass) and they overshadow the midrange sound(dialogues, ambience, tonals n vocals)....

now good quality sound means that it shud be balanced in sound reproduction and frequency response....the subwoofer shud produce bass only when its required and it shud be silent when its not needed, only then u'll experience rich sound quality and this is where logitech is still a "ROOKIE" or amateurish!!

now again coming to logitech x-530 let me tell u one more thing, they lack controls for rear speakers that means u wont be able to increase/decrease the volume of ur rear speakers....and as far as i know, rear speakers of x-530 are slightly quiet so rear surround will be slightly supressed....and the other probs like unbalanced sound is very much present in this model....though bass is very good but its irritating sometimes..

now u asked for a comparison...i wud say if u compare logitech x-530 with altec lansing 5100 then obviously altec lansing 5100 is a winner due to accurate and balanced sound response and subwoofer is as good as logitech....not in terms of bass amount but bass quality.....

still the choice is urs...

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Where can I get Altec Lansing 5100 for Rs.8000 in New Delhi?
Is it the best speaker system for 8k and under?

Which sound card should I get?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
samsung syncmaster 510n(15" TFT- vga input)- Rs. 11.5k-13k

philips 150s-(15" TFT- vga input)- Rs 11-12k

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I don't want lcd.

Where Can I get Altec Lansing 5100 for 8k and how much better is it than Altec Lansing 251?
Is Altec Lansing 251 better than logitech x530?

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Where Can I get Altec Lansing 5100 for 8k and how much better is it than Altec Lansing 251?

What is the diff b/w Altec Lansing 251 vs xa 3051

suave_guy

pedal to metal
hi again akshyat....
altec lansing 5100 is much better then altec lasing 251....in every aspect
u can get altec lansing speakers either from trifin technologies....(north) or zeta technologies(south) or visit alteclansing.com, go to asia-pacific region and select india for more information....
no logitech x-530 is better then altec lansing 251 but its also more costlier....but definately altec lansing 5100 is better then logitech x-530....
infact altec lansing 5100 IS THE BEST 5.1 SPEAKER UNDER 8K....
since u have a restricted budget so go for creative live DE 5.1 sound card....
What is the diff b/w Altec Lansing 251 vs xa 3051
avoid altec lansing xa 3051 as far as possible, its only dolby prologic, ie. no 5.1 discrete output and moreover its specifically designed to attach them to TV or Gaming Consoles...so i wud suggest u to stay away from them plus they are costly and the subwoofer is also not very good....

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Cost of sound balster 5.1 live ,cost of logitech z680 in new delhi,can i use creative live 5.1 with logitech z 680?

suave_guy

pedal to metal
hi..
dude ur confusing urself by considering too many options....
logitech z-680 is an expensive option plus there are few issues involved with it....for more reasons why u shud or shud not buy logitech z-680 plz visit this thread....
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5353
read this thread carefully and u'll get most of ur doubts clear....
sound blaster DE 5.1 shud be arnd. Rs.2100
and yes offcourse u can use this soundcard with logitech z-680....

ENjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom