Want to buy new laptop with latest technologies

nkd108

Right off the assembly line
I want to buy new laptop for my website development work,
some criteria I want:
1. My limitation is approx 35k to spend on it.
2. High performance because I want to install visual studio 10, SQL Server 2012 and may be after that SharePoint server(after some time)
3. Build with new technologies like USB 3.0, Bluetooth 3.0(& above)
4. Processor i5(at least 2430) , I am bit confusion about AMD, i hard that AMD processor in laptops getting heat in Indian environment and i am leaving in delhi here usually temp in summer season is above 40 c

please sugges me

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
4. Processor i5(at least 2430) , I am bit confusion about AMD, i hard that AMD processor in laptops getting heat in Indian environment and i am leaving in delhi here usually temp in summer season is above 40 c

peoples talk rubbish all the time. if AMD laptops overheat, why most (all complains) of the complains about random shutdown due to overheat comes from Intel processor based laptops?

but in your case, a Core i5 based laptop will make more sense. Asus K Series X53SC-SX224D else HP Pavilion G6 Series G6-1313AX. whichever you grab, install more ram.

aroraanant

Explorer
Buy the Asus laptop which has been suggested above.And just add a 4GB ram to it later when you can spare just lil more money

OP
N

nkd108

Right off the assembly line
sam, my some friends' have ASUS laptops, and they are disappointed on the basis of performace.

i heard about Toshiba P750-X5010 , could you suggest me

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sam, my some friends' have ASUS laptops, and they are disappointed on the basis of performace.

i heard about Toshiba P750-X5010 , could you suggest me

depends on the config. the Asus one have everything you need and still priced at 35k whereas some other laptop may skip on the GPU or may have less internal space.

Flipkart have that laptop for ~47k and you are asking for a 35k lappy. Toshiba P750-X5310 moreover comes without any graphics processor just Intel HD graphics. Thats a rather odd way to waste 47k ;-)

but if you really want performance and can sacrifice portability, go for a desktop. a 35k desktop will blow away that Toshiba in terms of performance. And the uses you have listed needs a really powerful machine.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Asus performance is pretty good and it is also not having any heating issues.
Anything else you would like to know?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok, i agree, but could u tell me about asus performance

compare the configuration. if you just buy a gaming laptop for 60k just cause it has Core i7 & a 2Gb graphics card, don't be surprised if a 45k Core i5 laptop thrashes it. Lots of factor decides performance of a laptop. One of the most neglected aspect of a laptop is the hard drive. I am not saying to go for laptop having 7200rpm drives check the manufacturer. Toshiba mobile HDD are really slow. Check any review involving Toshiba HDD & they'll complain about it. On the other hand, a hybrid drive from Seagate should offer a nice boost.

So just compare the specs. For your budget, you are not only getting a processor similar to costlier laptops but a graphics card also which mayn't help much in the uses you have listed but will increase your system performance as a whole :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Lots of factor decides performance of a laptop. One of the most neglected aspect of a laptop is the hard drive. I am not saying to go for laptop having 7200rpm drives check the manufacturer. Toshiba mobile HDD are really slow. Check any review involving Toshiba HDD & they'll complain about it. On the other hand, a hybrid drive from Seagate should offer a nice boost.

Though I didn't know about that, but +1 to it. My lappi has toshiba 7200 hdd, but feels like 5400 :(

@OP- Go for i5 + no less than 4GB of RAM, 8GB if possible.

Top Bottom