Want to buy NEW GPU .

Gamer Singh

Broken In
Hey guys. I m back with my other query about GPU. Last time i was building my pc. It was my first time and i done it. But it taken 2 days to get setup well. My HDD gone dead and i have to bought a new HDD.(Mistake:Should have bought Hybrid HDD) but never mind.
i want to buy new GPU. 970 rocking in market but its too costly 20k. *dead*(I got my processor and mobo in that budget)
beside 970 share some other well working GPU from market.
i will buy from wholesaler/retailer.(price was less from online and equal to Nehru place)
i bought from district Centre janak puri. That shopkeeper gave me least price in that area.
My specifictaions are :
i5 6500 -14900
gigabyte ga h110m S2 (ddr4)-4800
ddr4 8 gb ram-2900
antec 550w psu- 3500
Hdd-3200 (prices with VAT)
I have two input and one output(psu connected) fans.
Starting budget 10k.Should be low than 17-18k
thanks for your replies .
*** I should able to play BF1. easily with High settings ***
960 4gb is not so good.waste of money.
Tell me pros cons and price with it. :)

I dont want 4k .I will soon upgrade my monitor. For now its resolution is 1366x768.
All help appreciated.

avanildutta

Journeyman
You can also look out for used 970 with say 1-2 yrs warranty remaining. Might get it for 15-16k if lucky. And if u are buying new do check out gtx 1060 6gb. Better than 970 with a slight price hike.

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Get GTX 1060 if you want to run everything on ultra settings at 1080p resolution. Else get RX470 for 1080p mid-high settings gaming.

Hrishi

Your best bet is Either nVidia GTX 1060 3GB whose overall performance is very much close to a 6GB GTX1060 but it might not suffice for playing games on Ultra Texture due to VRAM but otherwise it's good. It should cost you around 16k at cheapest rates.
The other pick in your budget should be an AMD RX 470 4GB which is a bit less than GTX 1060 3GB in performance but has higher VRAM and might perform better in forseeable future due to aynsc compute feature and better performance in games optimised for Vulkan APIs like Doom. Though there are barely few games right now where it has an edge over it's nVidia counter part.
Add 5-6k more to your budget and get the 6GB Variant of GTX1060 with few mores cores, if not possible then the weaker sibling of it. Apparently, the Pascal card GTX 1060 over clocks way better than it's AMD counter part! Thus you can get more juice out of it in future when needed. The RX470/480 are just pathetic in OC, particularly the reference models.

Here is some review to help you pick between the two :
The EVGA GTX 1060 3GB vs. the Red Devil RX 470 - BabelTechReview

Quote from there :
It is interesting to see the EVGA GTX 1060 3GB trade blows with the more expensive RX 480. It is also faster than the overclocked GTX 970, and it absolutely blows away the last generation GTX 960 OC and the 280X.

Choose wisely! - All the best.

- - - Updated - - -

PS : GTX 1060 is hell of a card! I sold off my Maxwell card "Asus Strix GTX 960" last week and got myself a 6GB GTX 1060 :) . The thing runs so cool and is a damn good OC'ker!

OP
G

Gamer Singh

Broken In
Your best bet is Either nVidia GTX 1060 3GB whose overall performance is very much close to a 6GB GTX1060 but it might not suffice for playing games on Ultra Texture due to VRAM but otherwise it's good. It should cost you around 16k at cheapest rates.
The other pick in your budget should be an AMD RX 470 4GB which is a bit less than GTX 1060 3GB in performance but has higher VRAM and might perform better in forseeable future due to aynsc compute feature and better performance in games optimised for Vulkan APIs like Doom. Though there are barely few games right now where it has an edge over it's nVidia counter part.
Add 5-6k more to your budget and get the 6GB Variant of GTX1060 with few mores cores, if not possible then the weaker sibling of it. Apparently, the Pascal card GTX 1060 over clocks way better than it's AMD counter part! Thus you can get more juice out of it in future when needed. The RX470/480 are just pathetic in OC, particularly the reference models.

Here is some review to help you pick between the two :
The EVGA GTX 1060 3GB vs. the Red Devil RX 470 - BabelTechReview

Quote from there :

Choose wisely! - All the best.

- - - Updated - - -

PS : GTX 1060 is hell of a card! I sold off my Maxwell card "Asus Strix GTX 960" last week and got myself a 6GB GTX 1060 :) . The thing runs so cool and is a damn good OC'ker!

Thanks for replies. Peeps saying radeon 470 is competing with gtx 1060. Nowadays 2 Gb is nothing? I mean to say 4gb i now minimum need for best gameplay?
radeon 470 take more power input and cooling?
Guys Buying Second hand GPU is mess and pain. (ebay,shopclues) not trusted sites.So not going to buy it.
I dont want 6Gb vram. (Not want to spend on them for 6 gb).
RX470 have 2 gb version?company says it will be released but cannt find on online sites. (PRICE????)
Rx470 vs 1060 vs 970 vs (one more powerfull gpu in market). gtx 980 rx480 not in list.(rejected).

OP
G

Gamer Singh

Broken In
GTX 1060 performs almost same as GTX 980 while being priced much lesser. So, if I were you, I'd pick its 6 GB version.

As i said above 980 is rejected from me too. But 1060 is at high end of my budget. Any other within my mid budget. SO it will be good to compare. buying second hand is mess becoz i may get burnt gpu by faulty connection. :( (waranty will tend to 0).
One mor ething sepcify company. I mean z=Zotac,MSI,EVGA bla bla. As far i know zotac sell the cheapest in them.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
1060 3GB mini and RX 470 4GB both costs the same and comes in your budget.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
while the 1060 blows away the 960, the price is quite steep as well.
the 960 4GB comes at a very reasonable 18K. [Amazon.in: Buy ZOTAC GeForce GTX 960 - 4GB DDR5 PCI-E (ZT-90308-10M) Online at Low Prices in India | Zotac Reviews & Rating || ]The page you requested cannot be found

Now, me and [MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] bought the Asus Strix 960 2GB together. he sold it off for the 1060, and I am still using it.
And How?!?!

Resolution: 1600x900

BF4 - Ultra - 60FPS vsynced buttery smooth
BF1 - High/Ultra Mix - 60FPS vsynced buttery smooth
Rise of the Tomb Raider - High - 60FPS vsynced buttery smooth
Dying Light Enhanced edition - High - 60FPS vsynced buttery smooth
The Witcher 3 - Ultra - 30FPS vsynced
MGSV - Ultra - 60FPS vsynced buttery smooth

The 960 is still an extremely capable card at the sub 20K budget and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

there will some hit to the FPS if you are on 1080p, but nothing much if you can let go of some eye candy to attain that sweet 60FPS.

--edit--

I was not aware of the 1060 3GB pricing.
at a sweet 18K, 1060 3GB is the way to go!!

Last edited:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
960 might be great but it's old now
470 and 1060 3GB and MUCH better and more logical choice under 20k as they both are new and thus more future proof

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Hrishi

while the 1060 blows away the 960, the price is quite steep as well.
the 960 4GB comes at a very reasonable 18K. [Amazon.in: Buy ZOTAC GeForce GTX 960 - 4GB DDR5 PCI-E (ZT-90308-10M) Online at Low Prices in India | Zotac Reviews & Rating || ]The page you requested cannot be found

Now, me and [MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] bought the Asus Strix 960 2GB together. he sold it off for the 1060, and I am still using it.
And How?!?!

Resolution: 1600x900

BF4 - Ultra - 60FPS vsynced buttery smooth
BF1 - High/Ultra Mix - 60FPS vsynced buttery smooth
Rise of the Tomb Raider - High - 60FPS vsynced buttery smooth
Dying Light Enhanced edition - High - 60FPS vsynced buttery smooth
The Witcher 3 - Ultra - 30FPS vsynced
MGSV - Ultra - 60FPS vsynced buttery smooth

The 960 is still an extremely capable card at the sub 20K budget and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

there will some hit to the FPS if you are on 1080p, but nothing much if you can let go of some eye candy to attain that sweet 60FPS.

GTX 1060 3GB comes at the price of a new GTX960 now and it blows away the GTX960 like a leaf in the wind! GTX960 doesn't hold the ground anymore unless it's priced around 13-14k at max, that too for 4GB model.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
GTX 1060 3GB comes at the price of a new GTX960 now and it blows away the GTX960 like a leaf in the wind! GTX960 doesn't hold the ground anymore unless it's priced around 13-14k at max, that too for 4GB model.
Yeah I was not aware of the 3GB variant pricing.

At 18k, the 1060 3GB is the logical choice.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

OP
G

Gamer Singh

Broken In
MSI is a trusted brand in GPU? Ya after lot of research 1060 mini is a nice choice and second place RX470. Any new GPU coming soon so that price may fall?

Top Bottom