Want to buy decent pair of heaphone under 7k..with bass of course

devil'sdouble

Broken In
OP, if you indeed end up getting the M50x then please let me/us know about its bass. I have a V55 too, and I love it to core, superb bass, without overpowering anything, but I broke the head band some times ago while extending it (absolutely no effect on sound output but still) and its not really comfortable for long usage, so thinking about upgrading to M50x, have the same budget as yours, undoubtedly those are far better cans than V55, but BASS is the thing why I am worried! Don't think I can appreciate even a great headphone without that punch, however not overpowering other ranges.

OP
S

Siddharth.

Broken In
of course buddy.. but i really liked my v55 also...

I want to know if using an amp with m50x will increase the bass ?? like basic fiio e06 or any other ??
and please verify the following link from ebay if i can trust the seller and all

Audio Technica ATH M50X Professional Headphones Fiio E06 Portable Amplifier | eBay

Raziel

Journeyman
The basic E06 has couple of equalizer settings to enhance bass but I found it too muddy and distorted with the equalizer on. It sounds best with the equalizer turned off. i like the default sound, clear and warm, but doesn't give much bass boost.. The build quality is also not that great. Probably you should consider a higher fiio model.

tkin

Back to school!!
of course buddy.. but i really liked my v55 also...

I want to know if using an amp with m50x will increase the bass ?? like basic fiio e06 or any other ??
and please verify the following link from ebay if i can trust the seller and all

Audio Technica ATH M50X Professional Headphones Fiio E06 Portable Amplifier | eBay
The seller seems trusted as he has very good rating but don't go for the deal, E06 is not a good companion to the M50x. It is very basic and does not to justice to a M50x. I run the M50x with the FiiO E10K desktop amp, the amp helps by providing cleaner sound. The laptop soundcard muffles the sound a bit. I also use the high gain mode which again seems to help the sooundstage. But I do not use the high bass mode as the M50x comes with the best default bass response I had ever heard in any phones. It needs no bass tweaking.

OP
S

Siddharth.

Broken In
hey everyone.. today bought the audio technica atm m50x from ebay at 8.56k..
it will be delivered by 15 aug.
will post photos when recieved ..

and about the amp.. i will buy it later after two to three months.. most probably go for the e11k2 or higher only

tkin

Back to school!!
hey everyone.. today bought the audio technica atm m50x from ebay at 8.56k..
it will be delivered by 15 aug.
will post photos when recieved ..

and about the amp.. i will buy it later after two to three months.. most probably go for the e11k2 or higher only
Congrats, do a review once you get it.

OP
S

Siddharth.

Broken In
hey everyone just received the headphone..

i will review it later after listening..

but first how to check if these are original...if anyone knows then please tell...

tkin

Back to school!!
hey everyone just received the headphone..

i will review it later after listening..

but first how to check if these are original...if anyone knows then please tell...
Post a pic of the box, the headphone including the cables. You can also compare against mine: *www.digit.in/forum/lifestyle/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-post2223434.html#post2223434

Top Bottom