Want to buy decent pair of heaphone under 7k..with bass of course

Siddharth.

Broken In
Recently had a sony mdr v-55 , and they sounded awesome from thumpy bass with warm notes and all . . also the clarity was awesome good..but gone kaput...one side not working anymore..

So want to buy a good and decent pair of headphones with right amount of bass

i am not a hardcore audiophile but like to listen all kind of songs..

My budget is around 6-7k
Was looking around and found this :
Buy Audio Technica ATH-WS77 Solid Bass Over-Ear Headphones Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

please comment about these ...or refer me to any nice pair of headphones

p.s. if my headphone can be fixed then please help me in any way

Raziel

Journeyman
I have this one and it's really cool. Very good sound +you'll love the sensation55 driver if you're a basshead. Skullcandy S6SCGY-381 Crusher Over-Ear Headphones with Built-In Amplifier and Mic (Gray/Cyan/Black): Buy Skullcandy S6SCGY-381 Crusher Over-Ear Headphones with Built-In Amplifier and Mic (Gray/Cyan/Black) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

rakeshhkuma90

Journeyman
SteelSeries Siberia V2 Headphones
I was expecting a good headset when I bought these. What I was not expecting was to fall in love.

Pros:
Powerful Bass
Its fits perfectly and the unique design completely removes any pressure from the ears/head.
Sound is amazing
looks cool on your head

You can buy from:- Amazon.in: Buy SteelSeries 51111 Siberia V2 Full Size H/S Navi Edition Over-Ear Headphone with Mic (Yellow) Online at Low Prices in India | SteelSeries Reviews & Ratings

OP
S

Siddharth.

Broken In
youtube reviews say skullcandy crushers dont have much clarity .. please comment about those..
and friends say siberia is also good...
i have heard that the audio technica has good audio clarity with good bass ...please comment about the ws77 or any alternatives

Raziel

Journeyman
The Crusher is better than ATH WS77. It has very good clarity, the mids are crisp and clear. See some reviews at amazon.com. What makes it super unique is the sensation55 effect, bass that can vibrate your head, which you can control it.
Id recommend Audiotechnica M50x which is a great headphone but it's out of your budget.

OP
S

Siddharth.

Broken In
Does audio technica m50x has bass....

i know that they are for purists..and studio monitoring purposes and all..so please comment... can wait 1 or 2 months.. and can extend my budget then...

Raziel

Journeyman
Yes the bass is tight and accurate in M50x, but not skull shattering like the crusher.
If you can wait and get the M50x it'd be the best thing, it has much more detail..overall one of the best cans out there.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
JVC HA-MR55X with FiiO E11K total should be less than Rs 8K, But bass and fun will be like no other. Otherwise get Beyer DTX 910.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Skullcandies are toys and not actual headphones. Take a look a Beyerdynamic DT series if you want a real set of headphones with solid bass.
Dt 770: open
Dt 880:semi open
Dt 990:closed

OP
S

Siddharth.

Broken In
seamon bro those beyerdynamic are super out of my range i think.. could you suggest some under budget

and also sound is subjective matter ... it has diff views for different person .. do not judge other of what they like or not .. and no one will judge you for yours

teaj

Broken In
If you wan't sound quality in budget then don't look anywhere else and just go for Audio Technica ATH-Mx series. Those give the best sound quality for their price and I've pretty much listened to most of the brands (Bose, JBL, Steelseries, Skullcandy, Audio Technica, Monster, Sennheiser etc). I went to this mall and at that time there was an audio gallore at 1st floor. They had so many products there and the whole floor was filled with audio shops. I think it was some kind of promotional thing. I wouldn't be surprised if ATH-M50x beats more expensive headphones. Every audiophile knows that Skullcandy is garbarge in sound quality. The problem with skullcandy is their soundstage is an artificial crap. It's like someone just put their equalizer on steroids and it's just bad. Even my Cowon EM1 beat my friend's overpriced inkd 2 when I compared them. Skullcandy IEM are pathetic and their Headphones are not pathetic but bad. +1 Audio technica for purists and audiophiles who want best experience in budget. If you got money to blow then go for Sennheiser and not the overrated beats crap.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
seamon bro those beyerdynamic are super out of my range i think.. could you suggest some under budget

and also sound is subjective matter ... it has diff views for different person .. do not judge other of what they like or not .. and no one will judge you for yours

It's not as subjective as you think it is. Skullcandy is a fashion accessory. Beats and Skullcandy can't make good headphones(at least for what you pay them) because most of their money goes into the advertising department. Have you ever seen an Audio Technica ad?
No true Audiophile is ever going to recommend you a Skullcandy or Beats. Take a look at the head-fi forums. People over there laugh at these 2 brands.
+1 to Audio Technica ATH M50x.

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]: Lol you're talking about something you never tried/nor intend to try. Most of skullcandy headphones maybe crap but that doesn't mean everything is crap or they cannot make good sounding headphones.
The guy here said in his post hes not a hardcore audiophile and looking for a headphone with BASS, and in a budget, hence I suggested Crusher because it's something unique and bassheads gonna love it, n fits his budget.

And here responses from head fi.

Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size
?Skullcandy has a Winner? - pro1137?s Review of Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size
?Good for bassheads at a reasonable price. ? - DokDiesel?s Review of Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size
[MENTION=3228]siddharth[/MENTION]: If you can afford go for the Audio Technica M50x

OP
S

Siddharth.

Broken In
yes i will certainly wait for 1 month and collect the money to buy the audio technica m50x
but ..also will go to a local store and try for the skullcandy one or any different ones if available just for the sake of knowing what they sound...

tkin

Back to school!!
I bought the Audio Technica M50x for 7.5k. Best purchase in my life, look out for a deal.

Top Bottom