Want to buy a new mobile

atin

Broken In
Hi guys
I want to buy a mobile below 8K android if possible.

I need internet and basic office capability.
Also would like to be able to have decent video and audio capability.
Camera not important.

I came across this on eBay
eBay India: H6 â–ºGoogle Android v2.2 Dual SIMâ—„Mobile Phone WiFi iCOD (item 170597628520 end time 04-Mar-2011 10:00:00 IST)

Is this any good.Looks really tempting.

Anyways Please give your recommendations.

Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Camera: 2.0 Megapixel but according to pics its 12.1MP :)shock:)

& next is:

Q: i want to know its battery power, how much mAh?
A: 2500mAh

& finally its a Chinese company known as Hero. i'll suggest stay away from it.

if you want Android under 8k strictly, Dell XCD28 or Micromax Andro. but remember these mobiles won't offer good battery life. or can try Galaxy Pop which is again having low battery complains.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
don't waste your money on that crap. check Sammy pop (battery issues reported but need more solid proof), nokia e63 (if you are okay with not having qwerty. good for internet and office use)

OP
atin

atin

Broken In
No particular requirement for android.

Dint really like the dell or micromax model.

Will check the samsung and nokia models.

I am kind of inclined towards touchscreen models because of the screen space.really nice while watching videos etc.

Any other models?

pauldmps

Banned
Huawei launched its Ideos phone today for 8.5k. Check it out. Other models are Samsung Galaxy Pop & Galaxy 5.

*www.gsmarena.com/huawei_u8150_ideos-3513.php

Huawei launches Android phone at Rs 8,499 - The Times of India

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Buddy, its just one of those chinese crap that keeps popin' up every now and then, in (so called) "Best Buy" category

If you want a bigger screen then go for Samsung Galaxy Pop else Galaxy 5.
For non-android phone either grab Nokia E63 or increase your budget for Nokia E5.

pauldmps

Banned
Huawei is a big company. Check out its IDEOS X6 phone which it showcased in MWC.

You might not know but almost all components required for 3G are being supplied & installed by Huawei in India for companies like Docomo & BSNL.

vishurocks

Journeyman
Ya pauldmps is right. Zte and huawei are companies(chinese) that supplies telecom equipment to many countries and telecom companies

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

That phone in the link is a big joke. New way to rob people legally

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Huawei launched its Ideos phone today for 8.5k. Check it out. Other models are Samsung Galaxy Pop & Galaxy 5.

Huawei is a big company. Check out its IDEOS X6 phone which it showcased in MWC.

WAIT. just cause X6 is good, does it mean the lowend should be a hit also? i read 2-3 reviews of the U8150 & mostly the complains are against its processor, battery life & the screen.

for 8.5k you are getting a 520-530Mhz processor with around 256Mb ram (maybe), 240X320 resolution & 2.8" screen (capacitive) & the screen is really not upto the mark of a smartphone. bad battery life (in compared to other 2.8"s & androids too). the camera is a low 2Mp that lacks details.

it is no match for Galaxy Pop. U8150 (or simply IDEOS) should be priced at 6.5-7k. any higher, Nokia 5230 will steal the deal.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hi guys
I want to buy a mobile below 8K android if possible.

I need internet and basic office capability.
Also would like to be able to have decent video and audio capability.
Camera not important.

I came across this on eBay
eBay India: H6 â–ºGoogle Android v2.2 Dual SIMâ—„Mobile Phone WiFi iCOD (item 170597628520 end time 04-Mar-2011 10:00:00 IST)

Is this any good.Looks really tempting.

Anyways Please give your recommendations.

Thanks

Please no H6 crap... please don't... totally waste of money IMO...

You want a cheap Android...? Samsung Pop is for you...

But if you want a "good" phone which can run most games and applications on the Android market, then the least you can do is buy a phone with HVGA resolution (320x480)

The cheapest phone out there with that resolution is the LG Optimus One. Highly recommended...

I wrote this comment in Times of India Ideos news post...

me said:
Please don't buy IDEOS because it has low resolution like other competing phones in its segment. If you want to be able to run most apps and games on your android phone, and also browse the web properly, you need atleast HVGA resolution (320x480) The cheapest phone with HVGA resolution right now is LG Optimus One which is priced around 11000 rupees. It would be better to spend 2.5k extra on a decent phone rather than buy one with a bad screen.

But if you want the cheapest you can get... then consider Dell XCD 28 (Rs 7300) -- *cgi.ebay.in/Dell-XCD28-Android-2-1...85350?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item230e26e4e6

But it is crap resistive screen phone. Samsung Galaxy Pop atleast has a Capacitive screen (Rs 9000) -- *www.flipkart.com/samsung-galaxy-pop-s5570-lime-green-mobile-mobcvcf9uhmwzajq

But the best option... LG Optimus One (Rs 11210) -- *cgi.ebay.in/LG-Optimus-One-P500-Mo...01622?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item43a560ed16

Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
atin

atin

Broken In
Ideos is very new and I have really no idea about Huawei mobiles.

Difficult to extend my budget so Will probably go with Samsung Galaxy.

Many thanks guys

Top Bottom