want to build a entry level gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
The Asus board you mentioned is an AM3+ socket mobo. It wont support Llano. Only A75 and A55 chipset mobos have the FM1 socket required to run Llano APU's

@cray.x
The A8-3870K and A6-3670K are new Llano APU's introduced recently. The "K" suffix indicates that these are Black Edition processors, so they have an unlocked multiplier making it a good overclocker. Just so you know :)

these black editions will definitely burn a hole in my pocket!

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Not necessarily. Even the Phenom II 955 Black Edition costs around 6k and is one of the most VFM processors money can buy. If all goes well, the A8-3870K should cost a bit north of 8k.
Motherboard and component prices will remain constant. Your choice, brother :)

If you have any more queries, let us know. Always ready to help :)

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
Not necessarily. Even the Phenom II 955 Black Edition costs around 6k and is one of the most VFM processors money can buy. If all goes well, the A8-3870K should cost a bit north of 8k.
Motherboard and component prices will remain constant. Your choice, brother :)

If you have any more queries, let us know. Always ready to help :)

ok processor decided to A8 3850 and suggest some cheap mobo for A75.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
A balanced system is the mantra we try to preach here at TDF. Honestly speaking, i dont know too many motherboards outside the Asus F1-A75M Pro and the Gigabyte A75-UD2H motherboards. And Asus is pretty much blacklisted in Calcutta due to Rashi Peripherals.

Look for a motherboard with at least 4 RAM slots.

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
A balanced system is the mantra we try to preach here at TDF. Honestly speaking, i dont know too many motherboards outside the Asus F1-A75M Pro and the Gigabyte A75-UD2H motherboards. And Asus is pretty much blacklisted in Calcutta due to Rashi Peripherals.

Look for a motherboard with at least 4 RAM slots.

due i dont need so many ram slots. a mobo which can support 32gb is enough for me. that also in 2 slots. that would work for me.

one more thing, i searched the two mobos u have mentioned. those are not available in delhi. i found ASrock mobo useful too. but not available here :( can u give me some online links?

here are a few mobos which I have shortlisted
GA A75M S2V
ASROCK A75SM HVS
ECS A75M2
GA A75 D3H
GA A75MD2H

now i want u guys to give some links, where i can buy them.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^ A75 chipset motherboards will eat up a huge chunk of your budget. They generally cost in excess of Rs. 7,000. If you can go for them, it's fine.

Otherwise, there is Gigabyte A55M-S2V which costs Rs. 3,600 on Flipkart.

What does A75 offer more compared to A55? SATA 3 6gbps and USB 3.0.

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
^ A75 chipset motherboards will eat up a huge chunk of your budget. They generally cost in excess of Rs. 7,000. If you can go for them, it's fine.

Otherwise, there is Gigabyte A55M-S2V which costs Rs. 3,600 on Flipkart.

What does A75 offer more compared to A55? SATA 3 6gbps and USB 3.0.

actually A75 mobo are compatible with A8 3850. that is why I chose them.

@ico can i use A8 3850 with any A55 mobo??? if yes then how much performance will i loose?

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@ico can i use A8 3850 with any A55 mobo??? if yes then how much performance will i loose?
You will NOT lose any performance. :)

A75 and A55 are chipsets. Motherboards sporting A55 and A75 chipsets have FM1 socket. It is the *socket* which is compatible with AMD A series APUs. A4-3500, A6-3500, A6-3650 and A8-3850 - all use FM1 socket.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
then why is so much diff in the price??? and whats the diff b/w both of them??? :(
I wrote above.

A75 has SATA3 6gbps and USB 3.0.

A55 has SATA2 3gbps and USB 2.0.

Hard disk connects to SATA ports. No difference as hard disks are slow. Even SATA1 1.5gbps is fine for them. If you will buy a Rs. 12,000 SSD, only then you need SATA3 6gbps.

USB 3.0? If you will use a USB 3.0 external hard disk. That's all.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
What a chipset usually does is increase the features on a motherboard, in simple terms. A 970 chipset motherboard sporting an AM3+ socket will have lesser features than a 990X or 990FX chipset motherboard sporting an AM3+ socket. Features in the sense, USB 3.0 support, SATA III 6Gbps support, multiple PCI Express ports for Crossfire or SLI configurations, etc.

So, just go for the motherboard suggested by ico above. Or search around a bit more and see if you can find a good, feature-filled motherboard within your budget. In the end, its your choice. Make the most of it! :)

Mr.V

Journeyman
How about a mobo+processor? it costs less (i suppose)
AMD A-8 3850 Quad Core Desktop 2.9GHz CPU+Asus F1A55-M LX PLUS Motherboard | eBay

looky here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom