want to build a entry level gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cray.x

Broken In
i want to build a entry level gaming PC. so i gathered a few components.
AMD phenom II X4 840
gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2
corsair 2GB DDR3 1333mhz
seagate 500GB
Hytech 450w PSU

i want to keep it to around Rs15k, please give suggestions if any. I want to know a compatible graphic card for this rig. for playing games like crysis 2, modern warfare 2 & 3, battlefield 3 etc. my budget is 3k.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Is your total budget 15K? Or is it the budget you have for the processor, motheboard, RAM, harddrive and PSU? Please fill this up: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

It will help us solve your problem better. Cheers

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans:gaming and studying purpose. i like to use photoshop, play games like modern warfare 2&3, crysis 2, battlefield 3 and games like these

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:the budget for CPU only is rs 15000, can be extended to 17000 or 18000 max.

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans:no need.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:multiuple OS XP, win 7, ubuntu.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 gb or 320 gb will be enough already have an external HDD(320 seagate)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:already have a CRT monitor. 16"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:pSU I will be purchasing Hytech 450 watt so dont want any suggestions on that. if it isnt appropriate plz give some options.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in march, but heard that prices of HDD are more likely to go down in 2-3 months. so might consider that too.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:yeah have built it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Delhi NCR, i will be purchasing from nehru place, delhi. i will get every thing from that place.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: plz mention a graphic card for running above mentioned games, within a price tag of 3000. would like to prefer AMD processor. and a low budget cabinet.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
For an AMD config:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955BE 6400
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3(rev. 3.1) 4800
RAM G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) ~1200
OR Corsair Value Select 4GBx1 ~1200
HDD WD Caviar Blue 250GB ~3800
PSU Corsair CX430 V2 ~2300

This config hits and crosses your budget at 18500, more or less. Do you have a separate budget for the Graphics card?

If you dont want to cross your budget, i would suggest going with a Llano configuration:
Processor AMD A6-3500 4650
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-A55M-S2H 4500
RAM G-skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL ~1700
HDD WDC 250GB Blue WD2500AAKX ~3800
PSU Corsair CX430 V2 ~2300

That should be within your budget. Try to increase a little a go for the A6-3650, which is a quad core processor and retails for around 6K. The Llano series of Fusion APUs (CPU + GPU = APU) come with integrated graphics vastly superior to Intel's HD2000 or HD3000 integrated graphics.

Dont go by my advice only. Wait for responses from some other senior members before taking the plunge. Cheers! And thanks to Jaskanwar Singh for the price information of the products.

Reactions: ico

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ I would vote for Llano based config. Best for any sub 20K budget. Just suggested same processor + motherboard combo in another thread for another rig having almost same budget and I will do the same here.

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
whats bad in my above config that costs me around 13000 and i still have a budget for graphics card?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ At 2k, you won't get a good card that can run battlefield 3. At lowest settings it looks cr@p. Llano has got a 6570 class gpu built in and you don't have to invest in a gpu right away. It will get the job done more than enough.

Get a 6670 gpu later. That psu you chose is total cr@p. Stick with corsair cx430-v2.
Complete peace of mind.:)

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
^^ At 2k, you won't get a good card that can run battlefield 3. At lowest settings it looks cr@p. Llano has got a 6570 class gpu built in and you don't have to invest in a gpu right away. It will get the job done more than enough.

Get a 6670 gpu later. That psu you chose is total cr@p. Stick with corsair cx430-v2.
Complete peace of mind.:)

will it support games like crysis 2, modern warfare 3 and batman arkham aylum? and some similar games. NFS run too!

Souro_Ray

In the zone
If you stick with your 16inch CRT, then you should be able to play all the games mentioned. Though, for a visually better gaming experience, an HD ready or Full HD monitor is recommended, and a chain of other upgrades as well, which require a larger budget will follow.

If you decide to go with the A6-3650, you will get a GPU performance close to the desktop Radeon HD 6570, if i'm not mistaken. And do yourself a favour and dont buy DDR3 RAM modules rated at 1333Mhz speed. Go for DDR3 1600Mhz as a minimum. The Llano onboard GPU doesnt have a dedicated pool of memory, so buying high speed RAM is equivalent to overclocking the GPU for better performance.

Side question to other members, is the Llano A6-3670K available here?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
will it support games like crysis 2, modern warfare 3 and batman arkham aylum? and some similar games. NFS run too!

It will support but at lower resolutions. They'll work at lower settings with some of them set to medium.:)

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Also, you can fit a low end Radeon discrete GPU to the config to raise framerates in games. Upto Radeon HD6670 and below, afaik. Please correct me if i'm wrong. If you add any GPU more powerful, the onboard GPU of the Llano shuts off, turning that brilliant piece of tech into a vanilla Athlon X4. Its the onboard GPU on the Llano that makes the Llano what it is ;)

OP
cray.x

cray.x

Broken In
so what is the top end processor in llano series and how much will it cost to me, plz add some motherboards too.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
Currently, it is the A8-3870K, but i dont know whether it is available here yet. So, the A8-3850 is the one. But before taking the plunge, go through ico's recommendations in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/149791-best-cpus-money-india.html

The A8-3850 is a slightly better performer than the A6-3650 because its rated stock speed is 2.9Ghz over the A6's 2.6Ghz. Its onboard GPU is an HD6550D over the A6's HD6530D. Check this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/143144-amd-llano-desktop-discussion.html

Souro_Ray

In the zone
The Asus board you mentioned is an AM3+ socket mobo. It wont support Llano. Only A75 and A55 chipset mobos have the FM1 socket required to run Llano APU's

@cray.x
The A8-3870K and A6-3670K are new Llano APU's introduced recently. The "K" suffix indicates that these are Black Edition processors, so they have an unlocked multiplier making it a good overclocker. Just so you know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom