Want to assemble PC for coding in advanced and latest .NET/Microsoft technologies

bhattshreyans

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I am a developer of c#.net and other microsoft technologies. I have to use Visual Studio 2013 parallel with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Windows phone 8 emulator, Microsoft word and excel.
This PC is going to be used for software development only but it should not lag performance wise when operating above things in parallel.

I'll *never* be using this desktop for gaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35k. (+5k if really necessary).

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes. Although, I haven't done that ever but would like to go for it as soon as I start feeling limited by the proc speed.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 + Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

Ans: Yes, minimum 19'' Dual moniters. HD not needed.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I'll be building this PC from scratch. So list them all for me.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: I'm in no hurry. But would like to buy as soon as I'm able to finalize. If decided, I can buy it within 2 days.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Built a desktop almost 10 years back. Have preliminary knowledge from DIY videos and websites. Would like to do it myself unless there is some critical recommendation about not doing so.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I'm from Ahmedabad. Open to online buying. Just want a good deal.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
a) Cabinet must be simple and need not be slim and complicated. CPU fans and smps fan should not make noise must be highly to contain heat in case if you suggest AMD processors, otherwise its fine.

b) I want to purchase this pc keeping in mind 3 years ahead such that performance must not decrease with release of new Visual studios who are more and more resource hungry with each of their release.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
better get this at minimum..
fx 6300 - 7.1k
gigabyte 970a ds3p -5.9k
gskill ripjwasx /corsair vengeance 4gb - 2.8k
gt 610 -2.5k
wd blue 1 tb - 3.8k
antec vp450p - 2.6k
local cabinet -0.7k
dell E 2014H x 2 -12.2k
logitech mk200 -0.7k
get an after market cooler if the temps are on a higher side.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
better get this at minimum..
fx 6300 - 7.1k
gigabyte 970a ds3p -5.9k
gskill ripjwasx /corsair vengeance 4gb - 2.8k
gt 610 -2.5k
wd blue 1 tb - 3.8k
antec vp450p - 2.6k
local cabinet -0.7k
dell E 2014H x 2 -12.2k
logitech mk200 -0.7k
get an after market cooler if the temps are on a higher side.

That's a good config for the budget. As a .NET dev myself, I would suggest that you increase the RAM to 8gb.

Top Bottom