Want New Sata H.D.D. And........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
guies ,
I want to buy a new sata 160GB/250GB HDD for My PC. I have intel ATX 865GBF Motherboard.will sata 2.0 HDD work well with My PC???
In DIGIT MAY 2008 Issue New HDD are shown. i think Seagate 7200.10 ST3250310AS is good in Performance.What will u say or I go For Western digital .
Please Quote Me!!*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/63.gif

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
go for Western Digital. They are more reliable and have better performance. Go for the HDD that has a 16Mb or more cache.

Don't rely on those shoot out's in digit. never up to the mark :)

WD Caviar SE16 250Gb harddisk should be the best for you.

WD2500AAKS is the model number.

Last edited:
OP
Riteshonline

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
Is the Gaming Performance is really good????
because in website they have mention that this HDD is Ideal For Performance pc , Gaming pc ,*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/16.gifworkstation pc ..

Reda This
*www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?loc...c5fb010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD&reqPage=Model

acewin

Point Blanc
gaming performance or any performance dpends on the memory buffer. So again would suggest the WD one desiibond has suggested its got 16MB buffer which will help faster reads.

OP
Riteshonline

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
go for Western Digital. They are more reliable and have better performance. Go for the HDD that has a 16Mb or more cache.

Don't rely on those shoot out's in digit. never up to the mark :)

WD Caviar SE16 250Gb harddisk should be the best for you.

WD2500AAKS is the model number.

Whats the Prise??*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/39.gif

acewin

Point Blanc
it would be around 2.7K its bit costlier than seagate 250 GB which would be 2.2 or 2.4K
Model: WD2500AAKS

Last edited:

nikkuchan

Broken In
I would personally recommend a WD harddrive. Of course they perform well, but I recommend it because customer service is good. The first WD harddrive I ever bought died on me, so WD sent me a new harddrive along with packaging to send my old one back (and the process was done all in one shot online. Didn't even need to talk to a single person). The whole process was very easy and required minimal effort on my part.

acewin

Point Blanc
well I wouls say good question, LOL.
ntel 865GBF original are SATA compliant, and both hard disks recommended to you are SATA 2 HDDs, and as far as my knowledge goes you can without any issues add a SATA 2 HDD to your SATA I mobo. SATA 2 and SATA I HDDs have same ports.

ANd just to keep things safe I am adding a forum link Difference between SATA and SATA 2

If you have furthur question then please ask.

OP
Riteshonline

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
well I wouls say good question, LOL.
ntel 865GBF original are SATA compliant, and both hard disks recommended to you are SATA 2 HDDs, and as far as my knowledge goes you can without any issues add a SATA 2 HDD to your SATA I mobo. SATA 2 and SATA I HDDs have same ports.

ANd just to keep things safe I am adding a forum link Difference between SATA and SATA 2

If you have furthur question then please ask.

But what abt Speed ?? as per My Knowledge SATA HDD HaveSpeed Selection Jumper Setting that can Veryfies Data Transfer Rate.
Is this true then i can veryfies HDD Data Transfer Speed. Samsung and Segate people gives that facility or but don't no abt Western Digital ???*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif
Fast Reply PLS!*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/110.gif

[

OP
Riteshonline

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
Hey,
@hellgate @desiibond @acewin @nikkuch @anax3....
Where r u guies?? *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/110.gif

OP
Riteshonline

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
What do u Mean ?????????
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/37a.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/37a.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/37a.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/37a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom