Want a new phone.budget 20k(+- a lillte)

Which one?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayanks_098

world is evil
Its time to dump my old N-Gage QD and get a new phone.Budget,as mentioned is 20k.

till now i have finalised SE P1i.
Reasons:
1. i dont want Nokia,i have been a victim of slowness of symbian nokia phone,i never liked them.A new message takes 3-4 secs to open on my s60 phone.

2. i want a faster phone and SE phones are known to be responsive,or atleast better than Nokia's.

3.my requirements are a good camera+ best surfing expirience(ill use it for surfing also).then comes fast,audio,user friendly,looks(in the mentioned order)
P1i fits my requirements as it has a 3.2MP cam(w/o xenon though),it has got a nice screen.

but im little cautious of the fact that its a touch screen.it is gonna be very delicate.i guess ill b sticking to this phone for about 3 years so delicacy is not a thing i would like.i mean i dont want my screen to break if it fells down as touch screens are very delicate.also im not sure of the fact whether the touchscreen will last 3 years.
they tend to hang an give other troubles as well.

i heard a lot about nokia n95,n95 8gb,n82. though i don like nokia and will try my best to not get a nokia but so many people have said so many good things about these.
i think i MITE be able to extend my budget a little to be able to get them(chances for n95 8gb are still less).but n82 does not have a good key pad.n95 battery sucks(i heard),and n95 8gb is,maybe,out of my budget.

so what do you guys say?

i dont want a crippling slow phone,n i want a partner for 3 years.priority:camera,surfing,audio,

should i stick with p1i?will it last the test of time?will it not give problems?

or n82/n95/n95 8gb(mind you i dont want another fu*king slow nokia phone).

any users here with some expirience with any of these phones?specially p1i?

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
my requirements are a good camera+ best surfing expirience(ill use it for surfing also).then comes fast,audio,user friendly,looks(in the mentioned order)

Yes you have made the correct choice...P1i cost below Rs 19k here in Karol Bagh, delhi with bill.....Look no further......Don't confuse yourself........

apacheman

Journeyman
Take a look at Samsung G600. 16.7k. gorgeous steel look, 5mp Cam, VGA Videos, FM Radio Recording (unusual), 16mn colour display, TV out, rich retail kit with in-ear headphones and bluetooth headset etc etc.
*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_g600-review-187.php

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Take a look at Samsung G600. 16.7k. gorgeous steel look, 5mp Cam, VGA Videos, FM Radio Recording (unusual), 16mn colour display, TV out, rich retail kit with in-ear headphones and bluetooth headset etc etc.
*www.gsmarena.com/samsung_g600-review-187.php

I ve used many Samsung phones like D900i, U600 etc...They are good for only 1 thing...NOBODY BEATS SAMSUNG IN SCREEN....Simply unbeatable screen quality....Apart from that they are gud for nothing...Poor battery backup....No apps available....Poor sound quality....And what not....Good Surfing exp on samsung forget abt that...

Third Eye

gooby pls
Get a N82,i am using it.Very good sq,no lags,the best camera,above all it's a S60 3rd edition device.Lag is not a word in the dictionary of OMAP 2420 based phones(N82,N95 etc).See a video in which a guy is running 74 applications in the background.

N82 RAM test

N95 vs N82 :cool:

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
P1i is infact slower than N82. It has a slower processor plus the Symbian UIQ OS isn't that great either. I'll suggest you go for N82. It has a super fast processor. This phone happens to be one of the fastest smartphones in the market, rivalled only by Nokia's other S60 phones. Don't judge these new S60 phone based on the experience of your N-Gage QD, S60 has come a long way since. These new phones are very different and much, much better. Plus the camera is much better in N82 compared to P1i. The web browser is better as well and you can now view YouTube on the newer S60 phones, not possible on P1i.

Try and use a N82 before buying if you don't believe me. It is much better than P1i.

you have made right choice by selecting p1i that fits all your requirement still i do not have its touchscreen experience but i think that will be not any issue coz it have already qwerty keyboard

OP
mayanks_098

mayanks_098

world is evil
Thanks guys for all your help.
but somehow the key pad of n82 still does not convince me to grab it.Actually ill be using it for writing blog posts from my college so i think it will be a pain doing so on N82.What do the owners of N82 say about this?

and one thing,Will touch screen last for three years or not?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
If you plan to type a lot, then i'll suggest you go for P1i because of the qwerty keypad. The touchscreen will last long enough if you only use it with the provided stylus or fingers. Don't use any other object on the ts.

may be last for 3 years but after that you can use it as without touch screen phone also ;) :D

btw p1i will be the best rather than 82 in your case
so it is better to go with p1i
get more on p1i

OP
mayanks_098

mayanks_098

world is evil
i got myself a SE p1i.cound not get over the sloeness of Nokia otherwise would have gone for N82.
Thanks for all your valuable suggestions guys.
Will try to post about it on my blog if and when i get time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom