Want a good DVD writer/reader

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
One I have is a crap
*www.pacificgeek.com/productimages/xl/BLK-GSA-H55N-DO-N.jpg
It can't play the Digit's "mindware" or "alpha" DVD's or the one which have OS's and softs in it
But the DVD which has Games and movie (playware)trailers is working (That too is very slow).

I want a new DVD mainly for viewing Digit DVD's.
Please suggest me a new one - a economical one. Mean under 1.5k

PC specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 645 @ 3.1Ghz
Asus m4a88t m le
Crosair 2 X 2 Gb ddr3 1333mhz
Windows SE7EN ultimate 32bit
Sapphire HD 5670 1 gig
400 watt psu from FSP

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Just try to get it cleaned.

By the way, you can get any company's DVD writer under 1200 Rs. (SATA)
I would have preferred LG.

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
I would go with SAMSUNG though.
SAMSUNG, LG, HP, Lite-On, etc..etc all cost Rs. 900 only.
But better if you get Asus 24x DVD-RW @ 1k.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get any. All have the same record of failing and working fine.

Go for any other brand except for LG. One of my friend, happened to buy an optical drive from LG, and it was fine for a week. Then after the first week it began to gave trouble and within the next week, the drive was not reading/writing. We went to the shop to claim warranty, but the shop keeper refused to give, and after much of an argument, he send it for warranty. But when it came back, it was all the same. So, my friend had to again, buy a new optical drive.

masterkd

Padawan
^may be problem with that particular unit..I'm using one for 1+ yrs..my dad is using one for 3+ yrs..no problem..but ASUS is good too..used one for 3+ yrs..worked really fine!!

May be, it is the problem with that particular unit, but 2 of my friends also, had to buy new ones within days of purchasing, LG optical drives. LG is nowadays producing cheap quality products, so go for any brand you like, but personally I would recommend you, not to go for LG.

amitsahoo

Unique Personified.......
i had sony ........ but it didn't last long ........bt now i hav Moserbaer .......go 4 Moserbaer....bt stay away from LG ....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@jkultimate: I suggest u buy an external DVD writer.I m using my frnd's external writer (Transcend) which he got @1700

Top Bottom