wanna install fedora 9 on laptop(NO DRIVERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajjax

Broken In
hi guys,
i have a Compaq nc8230 laptop..i recently got fedora 9 and i want to try it on my laptop...but wat i was thinking is i dont have linux driver for this laptop and i cant find it either on hp's site....so any suggestions???

want to eagerly try fedora9 with internet....

Pat

Beyond Smart
First step would be to go ahead and install Fedora 9. I would put my money on Fedora to correctly pick all your hardware out of the box. If some hardware doesnt work, post on this thread so that we can help you with specific issues.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Yes, do what he said ^_^. You will never know until you try.

And also it would help if you post the hardware specs and the Fedora details (32bit ot 64bit).

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
If ur laptop's graphic card is either intel or nVidia then it would work 100% fine.........but if ur running on an ATI card then i'm not sure........Linux Kernel has poor ATI driver support.........

OP
S

sajjax

Broken In
to my utter disgrace my lappy has ATI mobility Radeon X600 grahics adapter....n when i try to change the resolution in fedora to 1024x768 it does nothing

4T7

Journeyman
to my utter disgrace my lappy has ATI mobility Radeon X600 grahics adapter....n when i try to change the resolution in fedora to 1024x768 it does nothing
Here are the drivers ur lucky they still support x600 ;)
Code:
*ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linux/linux-radeon.html

toofan

Technomancer
why does he need drivers. I too installed Fedora 9 on my desktop and i dont think that i need any drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom