Wanna enter the Windows Phone world with Lumia 610 !?!

ironfreak

Journeyman
Hello guys,

I have been using LG O1 and have had enough experience of Android. Done loads of experiments with different ROMs, Apps. It was out of the world experience with my first android. Unfortunately, my phone got drenched in the last rain and since then it is not getting started. And now its out of warranty. I'll see if it can be repaired.

So anyways, I think why not to try the Windows Phone this time. I am very much impressed by the Lumia series, let people talk whatever about it. presently, I believe its the very best alternative and should at least consider it. As my budget permits to spend 10k, the Lumia 510 is the one. But it will not get the WP8 update, so I settled down on Lumia 610. The white 610 looks sexyyyyy!!!!!:razz:

My typical use will be-

Listening the songs
Whats app & texts
Emails, documents & Fb
Youtube

I am not much fan of games. But I want to know what are the limitations of WP?? I know about the bluetooth file sharing, what else is not there?

Is my query so bad that nobody wants to reply? :(

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hey I am using Samsung Omnia W from last 8 months....I also listen to music,play 4-5 games and surf web....I dont find any issue with WP platform

Also after getting update to WP7.8 we will get more features and maybe bluetooth transfer and static ip configuration..

Windows phones are very smooth and transition effects r nice...it never lags and no sudden crash of software like android.

Lastly just wait for tommorow ...sunday is mostly off for mobile gurus :D soo u may get some reply tommorow

ajaymailed

In the zone
Hello guys,

I have been using LG O1 and have had enough experience of Android. Done loads of experiments with different ROMs, Apps. It was out of the world experience with my first android. Unfortunately, my phone got drenched in the last rain and since then it is not getting started. And now its out of warranty. I'll see if it can be repaired.

So anyways, I think why not to try the Windows Phone this time. I am very much impressed by the Lumia series, let people talk whatever about it. presently, I believe its the very best alternative and should at least consider it. As my budget permits to spend 10k, the Lumia 510 is the one. But it will not get the WP8 update, so I settled down on Lumia 610. The white 610 looks sexyyyyy!!!!!:razz:

My typical use will be-

Listening the songs
Whats app & texts
Emails, documents & Fb
Youtube

I am not much fan of games. But I want to know what are the limitations of WP?? I know about the bluetooth file sharing, what else is not there?

Is my query so bad that nobody wants to reply? :(
Nokia Lumia 610 review: Basement window - GSMArena.com
Some apps are incompatible due to low RAM
No Flash or Silverlight support in browser
No USB mass storage (Zune-only file management and sync)
No video calls and no front-facing camera
No memory card slot
microSIM card slot
No native DivX/XviD support, videos have to be Zune-transcoded
No HD recording or playback, due to hardware limitations
Will probably be stuck on this Windows Phone version for good
After using so many ROMs with Android in LG optimus one, Win 7.5 will be like tihar jail, with so many restrictions.

better wait for Win8 Phones, Microsoft did good job, removed all restrictions, now there are SD Card Slots, USB Mass Storage, Dual Core Procs, various display sizes, Bluetooth File transfers and hopefully will provide future updates. the only real drawback being the less number of apps to choose, about 1.2 lac.

Tiles surely good much different from icons/widgets, occupying the entire screen , re sizable, live content. there is no notifications drop down like in Android. Overall experience with Apps & OS are solid, smooth, responsive, that is something expected from somebody like Microsoft. MS has to quickly develop ecosystem, integrate services well with the phone, some quality apps will allow them to gain decent market share.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the cheapest WP8 will be HTC 8S that will cost ~20k, double that of OP's budget.

@ironfreak, finally you managed to kill O1. try placing your mobile in a sack of rice and it may start to work. WP8 is right for you but as it is out of budget, better stick to Android. you can check Huawei G300 which should be a nice upgrade in every way.

OP
ironfreak

ironfreak

Journeyman
Hello friends, thanks for the replies. I just read that no existing Mango phone will be upgradable to WP8. And i don't understand why would they make such products... why Microsoft and Nokia? But anyways, I've postponed it till January, will buy in the new year :) Is there chance of new models having WP8 coming by then?

the cheapest WP8 will be HTC 8S that will cost ~20k, double that of OP's budget.

@ironfreak, finally you managed to kill O1. try placing your mobile in a sack of rice and it may start to work. WP8 is right for you but as it is out of budget, better stick to Android. you can check Huawei G300 which should be a nice upgrade in every way.

Haha I like that.. yea finally I managed to kill my beloved O1.... and now I miss it :(:(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hello friends, thanks for the replies. I just read that no existing Mango phone will be upgradable to WP8. And i don't understand why would they make such products... why Microsoft and Nokia? But anyways, I've postponed it till January, will buy in the new year :) Is there chance of new models having WP8 coming by then?

WP7.X & WP8.X are completely different product. So an upgrade mean everything will have to be changed and as of now only Snapdragon S4 pro support WP8 so Snapdragon S/S2/S3 are left out and any mobiles based on those will be left in WP7.5 (later updated to 7.8)

There should be budget models by then. But nobody can say what kind or at what budget the new mobiles will be launched.

nikufellow

In the zone
to be frank there is no point in waiting unless you can increase your budget by a substantial amount ! manufacturers will launch new low end budget wp devices for sure but they will all be running 7.8 like the recently launched lumia 510 for whom wp8 is a no go !
Microsoft has put up lots of restrictions on the hardware side of things and hence almost all of the current crop of wp8 devices are powered by krait soc which will ensure that wp8 devices won't fit into lower price zones !

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
DONT!
i meant not the 610 definitely...
htc winPhones are coming this month,lumias soon,all with windows 8...
PLEASE WAIT!

OP
ironfreak

ironfreak

Journeyman

After using so many ROMs with Android in LG optimus one, Win 7.5 will be like tihar jail, with so many restrictions.

better wait for Win8 Phones, Microsoft did good job, removed all restrictions, now there are SD Card Slots, USB Mass Storage, Dual Core Procs, various display sizes, Bluetooth File transfers and hopefully will provide future updates. the only real drawback being the less number of apps to choose, about 1.2 lac.

Tiles surely good much different from icons/widgets, occupying the entire screen , re sizable, live content. there is no notifications drop down like in Android. Overall experience with Apps & OS are solid, smooth, responsive, that is something expected from somebody like Microsoft. MS has to quickly develop ecosystem, integrate services well with the phone, some quality apps will allow them to gain decent market share.

That's fantastic. The WP8 models will seriously give tough fight to Androids in their price range. I was actually fed up with the lags, crashes and the stability issues with custom Android ROMs.

^^does WP7.8 has watsapp??
it is there... isn't it?

WP7.X & WP8.X are completely different product. So an upgrade mean everything will have to be changed and as of now only Snapdragon S4 pro support WP8 so Snapdragon S/S2/S3 are left out and any mobiles based on those will be left in WP7.5 (later updated to 7.8)

There should be budget models by then. But nobody can say what kind or at what budget the new mobiles will be launched.
Didn't know this. Thanxs for the gyaan.:) So it depends on the processor. Even if a WP8 is available at 15k, I will pick it !!

to be frank there is no point in waiting unless you can increase your budget by a substantial amount ! manufacturers will launch new low end budget wp devices for sure but they will all be running 7.8 like the recently launched lumia 510 for whom wp8 is a no go !
Microsoft has put up lots of restrictions on the hardware side of things and hence almost all of the current crop of wp8 devices are powered by krait soc which will ensure that wp8 devices won't fit into lower price zones !
Let's see. i will wait till January. Till then Micromax Q3+ is my best companion.:) Hope the WP8 product's line-up will cover a reasonable price range.

DONT!
PLEASE WAIT!
You mean the new models, right? That's what Im looking for.

That's fantastic. The WP8 models will seriously give tough fight to Androids in their price range. I was actually fed up with the lags, crashes and the stability issues with custom Android ROMs.

^^does WP7.8 has watsapp??
it is there... isn't it?

Didn't know this. Thanxs for the gyaan.:) So it depends on the processor. Even if a WP8 is available at 15k, I will pick it !!

Let's see. i will wait till January. Till then Micromax Q3+ is my best companion.:) Hope the WP8 product's line-up will cover a reasonable price range.

DONT!
PLEASE WAIT!
You mean the new models, right? That's what Im looking for.

Top Bottom