Wait for Nehalem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenthilAnandh

Lost,But not yet defeated
Hi Guys

I was planning to buy a rig this month (*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93354).
But with nehalem in september, will it be wise to wait till then and buy a nehalem rig. What would be the cost of a mid-end nehalem rig. Looking forward to your thoughts.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Nehalem will be having lots of latency issues to start with...it wil take a year to be mainstream....

OP
SenthilAnandh

SenthilAnandh

Lost,But not yet defeated
But if i get C2Q now, after one year it will not be upgradable (due to socket differences). I experienced it in my first rig, I dont want to repeat the same mistake again. Will it be worth to buy during nov to dec in festival season.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Oh.. ok.. But i would still suggest a high end Quad Core processor. And OC it.
But the best thing is to wait and see what performance they offer once the official reviews are out. If they look promising, only then buy them.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
*news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-Reveals-Nehalem-Socket-Design-72265.shtml

Hey thanks for sharing...its LGA715. (Socket H) or it could be LGA1160..!!!

So the LGA775 will not be compatible with Nehalms...best choice would be to go for a Quad Core...the new Nehalms..will be far to expensive..and with DDR3 (being produced less--for some reason)...will make a too expensive setup. And prices in India.. :) Expensive..!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Nehalem & DDDR3 prices will come down here in mid of 2009 or at the end of 2009 :D
or may be at the beginning of 2010 :D

@ nish_higher
Thanks for the Link.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
no no it was mistake i gave a wrong link in a hurry :|

sorry
check this
*www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2282

*www.hardware.info/en-US/news/ymickpqTwpaaaZY/New_Nehalem_LGA1366_socket_is_stronger/

:D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
no no it was mistake i gave a wrong link in a hurry :|

sorry
check this
*www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2282

*www.hardware.info/en-US/news/ymickpqTwpaaaZY/New_Nehalem_LGA1366_socket_is_stronger/

:D

OK, No problem. Checked both links. :D

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I think Nehalem & DDDR3 prices will come down here in mid of 2009 or at the end of 2009 :D
or may be at the beginning of 2010 :D
No way! If thats the case, then Nehalem will never make it into the mid-range computer market.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
nehalem's price cant come down without competetion or introduction of newer proccys..it wont happen soon enough-so hope that nehalems are priced better.

but DDR3 would definitely get cheaper.already 4GB OCZ DDR3 is available for about 10k , though not what u expect for that price coz its 1333mhz and DDR2 @half price runs at 1100mhz..

nvidia

-----ATi-----
But Intel will surely reduce the price of Nehalem processors whether they have competition from AMD or not. They will obviously be better than the current generation of AMD processors. So they'll reduce the prices so people will buy that instead of AMD processors. And in the process, AMD's sales will go down again and they will suffer loses again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom