w810i - voice dialling not working, getting disconnected - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
I bought a w810i yesterday, Its my first sony phone.... still have to figure all the things out but i noticed something.

I would like to use the voice dialing feature but after setting up the voice & dialling through voice - it shows "connecting to xyz" then the screen just goes back to main screen nothing happens anymore.

I tried that with the headset & without it also , same thing, tries to connect for 2/3 seconds then vanish.

my firmwire version is R4EA031.

Please help!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
It doesn't show 'connecting' in my W710i. When i press and hold volume key, it asks me to say the name and then starts dialling immediately. Try deleting all the voice tags and start again.

OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
krazyfrog. said:
It doesn't show 'connecting' in my W710i. When i press and hold volume key, it asks me to say the name and then starts dialling immediately. Try deleting all the voice tags and start again.

ya thats what i meant it asks me the name shwn i say the name it starts dialling but then goes back to main menu all of a sudden within 2/3 seconds of starting dialling.......

i tried clearing all voice commands, deleting contacts & starting all over again....

is the phone defective? any ideas? :(

Last edited:
OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
krazyfrog. said:
Must be some problem with the phone's software. Try flashing it.

thanx for the reply....
I bought this just yesterday & not familiar with flashing, will try soon though
but for now using the updating software from the SE site be a good idea? (some recommend against it i heard)

can there be any problem with the phone's hardware ? i mean to say should i rush to the service center/ shop? ( i would like to use voice dialing)

nobody faced this problem in this model?! :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom