ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*i.imgur.com/Vj5ai.png

VVVVVV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how to get the gamepad working?

Krow

Crowman
I don't think gamepad is supported. A lot of people said keyboard is better for this game. There is a thread on Steam forums for controller support I think.

This game is effing amazing. Level design is brilliant. And I am loving every bit of the soundtrack. I got it from here: Indie Music Bundle.

Krow

Crowman
Yeah that is possible, but this one is better with arrow keys.

Terry Cavanagh made a brilliant game and Magnus Palsson made a brilliant soundtrack. Pushing Onwards and Positive Force are always playing in my head.

sygeek

Technomancer
Yeah, I agree. I don't usually play indie games but this one got me hooked.

You kind of need decent precision skills for this game which I think gets harder if you use a gamepad.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ not really. Super Meat Boy would disagree with you regarding gamepads being harder for precise movement. :p

Gamepad won't make a difference in this game as you are using only 3 keys. I just wanted to site back and play in a relaxed way. :p

sygeek

Technomancer
^^ not really. Super Meat Boy would disagree with you regarding gamepads being harder for precise movement. :p

Gamepad won't make a difference in this game as you are using only 3 keys. I just wanted to site back and play in a relaxed way. :p
Palm resting positions, comfortability and not smacking that gamepad after 100 retries, etc. etc. ;)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Yeah that is possible, but this one is better with arrow keys.

Terry Cavanagh made a brilliant game and Magnus Palsson made a brilliant soundtrack. Pushing Onwards and Positive Force are always playing in my head.
Agreed. My favourite is Potential For Anything.

Awesome game btw. Only drawback it's way too short.

Krow

Crowman
Well each level has something unique. No repetitive levels. Better that than long repetitive gameplay.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
played a bit of this game today. One thing is sure just from the beginning is that the difficulty of this game is quite very high.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Stuck in a place. If I go down the guy goes down 2 screens and falls in a ditch like pit. No where to go. Dead end.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Our man just receives the coordinates of the captain I think and his place pops up in the map. Around 10 minutes after start. Will post screen shot tommorow. At phone now.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Pretty sure this one.
*i.imgur.com/o0L3g.png
It's tricky but you should not be stuck here. The rest of the game is a LOT harder than this.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes Liverpool fan. Exactly this one. Where to go. Always end up closing the game. Has to be somewhere in the next screen below? I mean 2nd one. Not the third one below.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Go down and back up, the bottom is safe if you reach it. Be careful while doing it use repeated keypresses rather than holding the cursor key.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Ok. But trouble is I unknowingly press the up key when I reach the bottom.
Game gets more difficult? :O I was just getting started playing.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Haha you'll get used to it. Then you'll do things the hard way. ;)

You'll have to press to up/V/space key to go back up as well. It's round trip to get to the checkpoint in the right.

Top Bottom