VRO to MPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
One of my friend gave me DVD and asked me to convert it to VCDs and I whole heartedly accepted it. But when i put the DVD into my DVD Drive, i found that it is not a standard Video DVD, no VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories. But i find a directory DVD_RTAV and 3 files in it
VR_MANGR.BUP
VR_MANGR.IFO
VR_MOVIE.VRO

I am able to play the file VR_MOVIE.VRO, but dont know how to convert it to MPEG.

I was using dvd::rip for ripping and encoding my DVDs earlier. I use FC4 as my OS. Please let me know any tools available for GNU/Linux, for converting VRO files to MPEG.

Please dont post about Windows tools. I have had enough from googling. I use no windows!!!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Mean while , y dont u use a screen recorder and play the movie part by part and then edit them up !

Srry, lame thought :cry:

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Try the forum post in this link.

It seems it is the default file name in dvdrams and that it is basically a mpeg stream with extra info. The post talks about windows tools to demux, but u can substitute linux counterparts to do the same.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
k u got me gain sirius, i could manage to find only a thousand dozen of windows software...

U really should get the brainiac title, y dont u apply for it ????

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
First, let me see if the OP is satisfied with the answer. Second, all I know is how to google better. That don't say I am brainiac. Thank you anyway.

OP
desertwind

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I find what a VRO file is.

A VRO file is DVD Video Recording Format streaming video file. An associated .IFO file contains the various scene and timing information. This is different from a .VOB file where that information is included in the file. Several manufacturers use .VRO/.IFO files. This is a new specification for real-time recording on DVD discs. The standard DVD specification supports only the playback function. DVD Video Recording Format has several additional functions for recording.

What I cant find is any specific linux tool for converting .VRO to .MPEG.

But later on i found on one forum that it is as simple as that, just used ffmpeg to convert to mpeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom