VPN connection

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Hey i am in college which obviously uses a proxy server nd hence all r ips are same. Now i wanna connect to different hostel and all hostels have different servers. Now i wanna connect to other hostel using vpn so that i can use their lan sharing. But vpn didnt worked. i disabled antivirus, firewall on both pcs nd made a vpn connection. but it gave 800 error. then i used no-ip but that to failed. plz help me out guyz...

khmadhu

change is constant!!
nd hence all r ips are same. Now i wanna connect to different hostel and all hostels have different servers.

All IP will not be same, they are NAT ed to private unique IP's.
all hostels have different servers..!? elaborate this.

are there any switch between two hostels..? explain the network setups between two hostels, so that we can analyze the problem u r facing..

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
yes there are switches b/w hostels. but all are connected to the same proxy. hence all ips are same. also we can't share files over lan. to do so i thought of vpn but....

khmadhu

change is constant!!
still u r not clear about the Hostels network setup!?
anyway. VPN is not used inside a network. if the hostels are connected through switches, then u can access/share files. just bypass the proxy for local network. usually u can find that in internet options and connections tab. also see whether windows firewall is blocking u r access or not..?

and once again all IP's are not same!.(no matter how many proxy/switches u connect), it will be unique in a given network.

Top Bottom