Volvo Bus Safety

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
was very distressed when

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/random-news/179026-44-charred-death-bang-hyd-volvo-bus-catches-fire.html

and

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/random-news/179369-yet-another-volvo-bus-tragedy.html

Volvo has started showing this video in the buses
[YOUTUBE]iiMnW1f7IF0[/YOUTUBE]

now the curtains and baggage may hide the locations of the emergency exits, especially at night so check em out when you board
the fire extinguisher is sometimes located next to or behind the driver seat, so check that out too

some things I noticed while traveling recently
both accidents occurred at night, and if the attendant is sleeping while the driver is driving... well, that can be dangerous as there is no one to check if the driver nods off
also, at night, the leg rests are up, the back rests are down, and speedy evacuation can be a problem. so the point mentioned above, make your seat upright before leaving. do this as courtesy even when getting off normally, so people beside and behind you can get out without aerobics.
this problem is compounded by the fact that the layout of the seats depend on the operator, not the bus supplier, so preferably go for operators with non cramped seating. avoid semi-sleepers (seating on bottom, sleepers on top) (they are most cramped)

one unfortunate fallout is that the Shivneri journey on the mum-pune expressway now takes 4 hours instead of 2 :( that's a waste of both road and vehicle, and totally the wrong way to approach this problem.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I used to travel monthly pune to nagpur and return by volvo and I must say they drive very rashly ....onces unfortunately I was looking through the front glass and I can only imagine a big glass screen and somebody playing a computer game like volvo rush :D

Its insane...y dont they drive properly...I can understand that volvo takes 13hrs and non volvo takes 15 hrs ...but its just difference of 2 hrs

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
You cannot blame the vehicle manufacturer if you don't use the vehicle properly. Improper servicing, lack of maintenance can jam even a tank.

invisiblebond

Journeyman
2 line highway, narrow roads, cyclists, auto rickshaw, in between bikes cursing at 120km that how "volvo bus" cruise in kerala

If any chance anyone see volvo or KSRTC bus remember to let them pass

I used to travel monthly pune to nagpur and return by volvo and I must say they drive very rashly ....onces unfortunately I was looking through the front glass and I can only imagine a big glass screen and somebody playing a computer game like volvo rush :D

Its insane...y dont they drive properly...I can understand that volvo takes 13hrs and non volvo takes 15 hrs ...but its just difference of 2 hrs

flyingcow

Shibe
In case of emergency, break the glass with the hammer provided, and jump to your death :lol: