volume boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rentacoder

Broken In

hey mates.
got a new problem.i got a video dvd.i copied all the vob files to the hard drive(i didnt rip the dvd).the problem is that they contain very little sound.i then used nero recode2 to reduce the size of the videos.is there any way in nero recode2 or any other software to boost the volume of the videos??
thanx in advance.....

legolas

Padawan
if u hav the necessary plugins installed, then u could do it... not in the coding process(atleast i dont know tat).. but during playback. download "ACE media codec pack (app. 50 MB, free.. GOOGLE for the same string) and then in the control panel after u installed pack, u ll get "AC3 filter". open it and u can set the gain to be > to the amount necessary. but dont keep it toooo high.

/legolas

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
The only way to boost the volume of the original file would be to seperate the audio and video streams,boost the volume and them mux them again (very looooong process).So do as legolas said not boost the playback volume to the desired level using AC3 Filter.

OP
R

rentacoder

Broken In
downloaded it.installed it .tried tweaking the ac3 filter.doesnt work...
thanx for trying guyz.
any other way.....

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
First of all, are you sure the audio stream is ac3?
If so, ac3 filter method shud've worked. Go to cntrl-panel->ac3 filter, unlock all the bars and max them out. It shud work.
Else, you can use nandub/virtual dub mod to save the audio track of the movie alone, normalize the sound file in besweet/goldwave/sonic foundry, do a reencoding with direct strem copy of video.
Or you can uninstall the ac3filter and install ffdshow, though I guess ppl say it's buggy.

legolas

Padawan
siriusb,

there is no necessity that we must hav an AC3 input audio stream to use AC3 filter first!! its a Decoder. it gets i/p stream (be it a 2 channel or watver), uses the algorithm to mix it and decode it to a 5 or 6 channel o/p... so it doesnt matter what i/p stream it is... the only thing is that the audio stream is to be understandable by AC3 filter.. and it does(atleast almost all formats.. am not sure of rm formats).

more info said:
What's in it for you?
Do you have some surround-sound components, but not all speakers to reproduce it, and would like to listen to multichannel movies and music right now?

Do you have an elaborate home theater system in one room, but sometimes would like to enjoy surround sound in another room without all the bother?

When you're away from home, would you like to experience true surround sound from movies?

You don't want to buy portable DVD player, because you own a portable MP3 player and you would like to listen true surround sound while travelling?

You have downloaded AC3 format file from the Internet, but your favourite audio player doesn't support AC3 format.

AC3 Decoder® can take care of all these problems. AC3 format file may contain up to 6 audio channels. AC3 Decoder® combines the information from these channels into two encoded channels, which deliver to each of your ears, via conventional stereo headphones, its own unique sum of direct and reflected sound from each virtual speaker. As a result, the listening sensation is much more natural, with sounds appearing "out-of-head" can be encoded into any supported by AC3 Decoder® formats. The best surround-sound experience can be heard in headphones.

AC3 Decoder® and Dolby Headphones™(**) technology.AC3 Decoder® uses its own sound mixing algorithm* based on Dolby Laboratories audio mixing recommendations. But it doesn't use Dolby Headphones™ technology. AC3 decoding engine* can decode up to 6 (5.1) audio channels, but we do not see any reason to decode it to 6 audio files in this version.
* Given decoding algorithm was developed by XFilez Inc. and has been given over exclusively to MediaTwins s.r.o. due to merger.** Dolbyâ„¢ and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Would you like to know more?

ref: *www.mediatwins.com/en/products/ac3_decoder/

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom