• No

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I didn't know about that!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Title says it all .. if you are not aware then check this.

Voice-mail (also known as voicemail, voice message or voice bank) is a computer based system that allows users and subscribers to exchange personal voice messages; to select and deliver voice information; and to process transactions relating to individuals, organizations, products and services, using an ordinary telephone. The term is also used more broadly to denote any system of conveying a stored telecommunications voice messages, including using an answering machine. Most cell phone services offer voice-mail as a basic feature.

I'm talking regarding usage of Voice Mail in regards to cellphone network. its quite common in the US but not here. Voice mail can be accessed by holding "1" in your phone.

Hrishi

When I had to switch from airtel to reliance , I couldn't bear loosing my old number. So what I did was that I recorded my greeting and left a message " this is Rishi , I have changed my cell no. , new no is xxx-xxx-xxxx.".

In beginning a lot of people accidently left voice mail ,'some of them were in dafaq state " . Specially when they were charged for the call.
Ahaha..

Its still there , and I do get few messages in a month.

Some even asked what service is it ,? Lola
However it did a great help.

Well I am not able to figure out free voice mail service in reliance ,. In air tel its free of charge , though. 98100-98200.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Couldn't do without Voice mail when i were in UK....but in India most of the time people leave blank message or don't respond with anything. Its a great service and how i miss using it.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Actually I had called up a friend in US once.. and it went to voice mail :lol: .. didn't know what to say and disconnected!!! got charged though :|

And one more question I would like to ask is .. Why people are still using it .. unless a person is calling from a landline .. SMS should do the job.

R2K

In the Zone
Well....I knew about the service but never seen anyone using it in real life.
But in hollywood movies when someone tries to contact someone over phone in case of emergency 99% of the time it will go to voice mail.

Top Bottom