VLC player subtitles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nestor77

Right off the assembly line
so i'm trying to play a DVD using VLC and it works fine except i can't get the subtitles to play with it (the DVD does have english subtitles on it)
when i'm still in the DVD menu before i play the movie and go to "video" "subtitles track" it shows track 1 and track 2 but when i play the movie and go back it shows "disabled" and "track 1", track 2 has disappeared (when i click track 1 no subtitles)

Also if i open it by going to "media" "open disc" and click on "file" tab there is a box "use subtitles file" that you can check but i'm assuming that doesn't apply since i'm using a DVD disc, that is only if it is an actual file on your computer so you can drop the subtitles file and movie file in the same folder?

in the E drive the DVD shows as Video_ts.vob and subfolders are VTS_01_0.VOB if that helps somehow?
i'm terrible with computers and any help would be greatly appreciated

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
use powerDVD to play directly from DVD drive and also VLC will display subtitles only when movie is in avi format and in same folder u have same name subs

means in folder A ..there are two files titanic.avi and titanic.sub then only VLC will display subs

pushkar

Journeyman
Thats not true. There is an option to select subtitles file when you open a file.

The situation which you are describing means that the dvd doesn't have subtitles.

OP
N

nestor77

Right off the assembly line
on the dvd case on the back it says it does have english subtitles.
they should show up in the subtitles track shouldn't they? i'm assuming it has something to do with the "track2" disappearing when i actually play the movie

parthbarot

In the zone
yah..u can..

open ur DVD in VLC using "Open" option..and select Disc(DVD with subtitle)...dont open it as file...

i think this will work..bcs i have used VLC many times for DVDs...

regards.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
yah..u can..

open ur DVD in VLC using "Open" option..and select Disc(DVD with subtitle)...dont open it as file...

i think this will work..bcs i have used VLC many times for DVDs...

regards.
+1.
VLC does play DVDs with subtitles.

To be sure if the DVD has come with a subtitles play it in Windows media Player.
Fisr go to File>Play>Lyrics, Subtitles: Make it Show if available.
Then Play the DVD selecting File>Play>DVD,VCD,CD Audio

If this also doesn't show u d subtitles, then I guess u don't have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom