Visual studio Help

AKP

Broken In
This is my first experience with VS.

I'm wanting to create a desktop application that stores data in two excel files.I'm confused about where to start. VS 2010 express has a lot of options to start which one should i choose?

Can anyone tell about the starting steps? I've very good knowledge in C/C++ and basic in java. Would I need to learn .net to work in vs

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
This is my first experience with VS.

I'm wanting to create a desktop application that stores data in two excel files.I'm confused about where to start. VS 2010 express has a lot of options to start which one should i choose?

Can anyone tell about the starting steps? I've very good knowledge in C/C++ and basic in java. Would I need to learn .net to work in vs

Visual Studio is an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to create,debug,deploy projects in .NET...

you can use Visual Studio Express and start learning C# or VB.NET
only thing different will the syntax and language...
generally now a days C# is preferred for new projects over VB.NET

Hrishi

It will become quite easy for you , once you learn .NET and C# .

BTW, here is the link for manipulating excel files using C# .NET.
LINK MSDN

MSDN is always the best source for .NET and C# programming.

OP
A

AKP

Broken In
Okay thanks for the help. I have good base in C/C++ and basic Java. How much time would it take for me to learn .net / C#?
I'll keep this thread alive in case of help.

Hrishi

Learning time depends from person to person. However its always good to spend as much time as possible. And since you are pretty much aware with Java and C++ , so I think you will need to consider more on .NET pltform and libraries instead of C#.

Basic C# is quite easy compared to C or JAVA , however learning the usage alongwith .NET libraries will definitely take some time and practice.

Focus more on concepts like Threading, Delegates , Overloading, ADO.NET , File manipulation ,XML , etc as they help a lot in creating efficient codes and applications.

Since , I am also in the learning phase so I find these things pretty helpful . Hence , sharing them with you.

Top Bottom