Visual Novels thread

Piyush

Lanaya
I was so mesmerized by the Faun's recommendation "Katawa Shouju" , that I planned to open a dedicated thread for this.
In this thread I'll try to stack as many as great VNs which I come across.
Please note that I wont be sharing any download links unless there are free.

source :Otaku Dan

1.Kana Little Sister (Aka Kana Imouto)
This was the first vn I played and I found it very hard to stay dry eyed towards the end. This one is licensed and available from J-List or what ever online anime retailer you prefer.

2.Tsukihime.
Pretty long. In fact I've yet to finish one story route and then another hidden one. H Scenes aren't the greatest but believe me, the story in this VN is outstanding.

3. A Drug that Makes You Dream (Yume Miru Kusuru)
Slightly dark with beautiful artwork and character designs by Kiyotaka Haimura, known for Toaru Majutsu no Index. Available at J-List too.

source:squidoo
1.Fate/Stay Night
Story Synopsis:
The story takes place in an ordinary Japanese town, Fuyuki City. Hidden from society, there has been a deadly war going on in this town. Seven sorcerers known as Masters summon a powerful familiar called Servants and they all fight each other till the last one. The last one is said to attain the Holy Grail which will grant them a wish. Only a few knows when this War started and what the Holy Grail is, but the war was about to begin again this year.

The main character is Emiya Shirou, who lost his parents in a fire and was adopted by a man who called himself a sorcerer. Admiring his step father, he has been training himself to be a sorcerer. However, he had no talent and he could barely use one type of sorcery. His step father has already passed away, and today he's a sorcerer without any skills or knowledge. He is involved in the War of the Holy Grail when he accidentally summons Saber, who is said to be the strongest servant of all...
2.G-Senjou no Maou
Game Synopsis:
In the midwinter, a devil suddenly appears in a city. His ambition is to destroy all humans. The main character is Kyosuke. He is a high school student and enjoys his school life with Tsubaki, Kanon, and Eiichi. But one day, rich students go missing one by one.... When they are at a loss what to do, a girl with beautiful long hair appears in front of them. Her name is Haru. She is the girl he met ten years ago.... A deadly pure-love drama now begins....
3.Clannad
Best Heartwarming & Tearjerking Visual Novel
Story Synopsis:
Tomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student who dislikes his life. However, Tomoya finds that his life is about to change when he meets Nagisa. Tomoya's mother (Atsuko) died when Tomoya was young, leaving his father (Naoyuki) to raise him. After the accident, Tomoya's father turned to alcohol and gambling, and held frequent fights with his son. One day, Naoyuki, again arguing with his son, slammed Tomoya against the wall, dislocating Tomoya's shoulder. Ever since then, his father has treated Tomoya nicely, but distantly, as if Tomoya and he were strangers rather than a family. This hurts Tomoya more than his previous relationship with his father, and the awkwardness of returning home leads Tomoya constantly to stay out all night. Additionally, the injury disables Tomoya from participating in his basketball club, and pushes him to distance himself from his school and other activities. Thus his delinquent life begins.

Tomoya's psychology is further developed in his dreams of a bleak world. In the first few dreams of that kind, he sees a world which is devoid of all people except for this one girl, whom is never shown but is spoken of. Each time he dreams he finds out more about the world. Later on, Tomoya finds out that the girl has a special ability to fuse junk together to create new things, with which she creates a body for him. Thus he is reborn in this world, and fills time following the girl around. Tomoya conceives that only the two of them are "alive".
4.Ever17 - Out of Infinity
Great Visual Novel with Unpredictable Storyline
Story Synopsis:
It is May 1, 2017, 12:51 p.m. Without warning or explanation, seven people are suddenly trapped at a depth of 167 feet in the Marine Sea Park "LeMU." Water, air and food are in short supply, and LeMU's protective bulkhead can only withstand the pressure of the water for 119 hours. To top it off, there's a mysterious virus in the sea outside. Time is running out!

The bonds among the seven people trapped under the ocean grow stronger as they fight to find a way to escape and survive the danger that threatens them. These are bonds of friendship, and bonds of love. But time waits for no one and the zero hour slowly, steadily approaches. With a climax that packs the ultimate in surprises, what could happen? Who will survive the crisis?
5.Chaos Head
Story Synopsis:
Takumi is a despicable otaku. He lives by himself, skipping school to play MMORPGs and obsess over anime all day long. He's never really lonely- his imaginary girlfirend, a magical girl named Seiru, keeps him company, telling him over and over that his lifestyle is the best for him. "Nobody understands you but me. You don't need anybody else." His only contact with his family and the outside world is his little sister, who seems concerned over her onii-chan's slippery grip on reality. As he immerses himself further into the 2D world, she's is losing hope that he will ever grow up.

But while surfing the Net, Takumi is sent a link from a stranger on the Internet. The link has pictures of a gruesome murder in an alley, with the stranger telling him this is part of recent chain of serial killings. Takumi doesn't believe the stranger, since no one on the Net or on TV has reported the killing. Takumi assumes the pictures are a practical joke... until he stumbles across a young school girl killing a man in a dark alley just as the photos pictured. He manages to escape, but now he's convinced that a conspiracy is out to get him. Pretty girls from school and elsewhere have started to take an interest in him... and one of them look exactly like the murderer.
6.Steins;Gate
Outstanding, This Visual Novel Is Just Awesome!
Story Synopsis:
Steins;Gate is set in the summer of 2010, approximately one year after the events that took place in Chaos;Head, in Akihabara. Steins;Gate is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN, who has been doing their own research on time travel, tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them.

---will add more later on

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
anything for andriod phones

found one....
*market.android.com/details?id=org.renpy.android

but i think thats just a viewer

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
anything for andriod phones

found one....
*market.android.com/details?id=org.renpy.android

but i think thats just a viewer

its a tool to create such novels
thanks for sharing it
some of us will surely find this tool helpful :)

Top Bottom