vista's windows explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well my windows explorer in vista when i open it has the folders in the left pane when i open it but the moment i select any folder the folder opens and the folders pane is gone :?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well when u open windows explorer u get the all the folder navoigation on the left side .... apna normal xp/98 explorer

in vista when i open the explorer i get the folder navigation pane on the left side but when i click on any folder the folder navigation bar goes when the folder i select is opend

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Go to my computer
click organize(top left)
select 'layout' from the menu
click to select 'navigation pane'(it will be bordered blue when selected)
done:p

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
but i dont want the pane in my computer i only want it when i open explorer

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Does the favoriot pane shows when u open "My Computer"? I guess it doesn't opens after u open a drive or any folder, right?

Do this

1) Open any folder where it is not showing , & then do as arsenal_gunners said.

2) Go to Tools->Folder option-> View & set to "Apply all folder". This should solve the problem.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
now its there in my computer also thts wat i dont want ... i will have to reboot into xp and chk if xp mein it is like i want then vista ka goof up ... vishal ka thread mein entry

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Its really a goof-up buddy. Actually in XP we arnt allowed to hv explorer pane in My computer. Even if we enabled it using "Folders" button, next time it'll be automatically removed. Explorer pane was only for Windows Explorer.

But in Vista they hv made it to work in both My Computer as well as Windows Explorer and thats why it works same for both.

But it should remain in Windows Explorer after clicking on folders.

You can enter in the "Vista Goof-ups thread". :D u r most welcome...

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
Arsenal_Gunners that was in xp to open the left navigation pane.....
u guys forget xp so early......but i also want to forget too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom