Vista - Will it Fly or Fall

Will Vista back up Microsoft's fortunes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The Unknown said:
Dude, i live in an construction area where i have no frnds. So i have frnds @ thinkdigit. Also there's one more @ thinkdigit who is in 9th STD. Its Siddharth Maheshwari.

Abe it's not a problem boy, use your solitude for cosntructive tasks. You are learning Linux, be good at it.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
gx_saurav said:
Abe it's not a problem boy, use your solitude for cosntructive tasks. You are learning Linux, be good at it.
My exams are goin on till 17 MAR 07. Only after that i will load Linux. :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
amitava82 said:
Looks like someone on this forum got a job to segregate who is mature n who is not. :lol: and i must remind that when u measure knowledge, age is not the factor that decide one's maturity.

also someone should accept the fact that MAC is a platform of luxury. why would i waste my hard earned Rs. 65000/- for a macbook when i get the same config for Rs.40000/- or less? Every single person with a little business sense knows that its the price you pay for the brand name, i.e., you are westing Rs. 25000/- for brand name. isn't it luxury? If apple sells their products at reasonable price like other IBM PCs definetly i'll buy one MacBook. Till then I'll stick to my Compaq with Ubuntu.
I neither expect nor want you to buy a MacBook, but I would love to buy a Rs. 40,00 widescreen laptop with a Core 2 Duo processor and a combo drive that has Vista Home Premium installed. Could you point me to one? Please?

And yes, it is not only a platform of luxury, it is a symbol of class! :)

amitava82

MMO Addict
Ya you have money you can show off your class. that what MAC all about.. Finally you said it.
and here is a laptop less than 40K that can beat your macbook anytime.

Compaq Presario V3155 AU
AMD Turion64 MK-50 @ 2.0GHz, 512MB DDR2 RAM, 80GB SATA HDD, 8X Double Layer DVD +/- R / +/- RW/ Writer, 14.1 inch Wide Screen WXGA TFT Display, Brightview Technology, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150, Up to 128MB shared memory, Altec Lansing Stereo Speakrs, 5 in 1 Media Reader, 56k Modem, NIC, 802.11a/b/g WiFi, Integrated Bluetooth, S-video TV Out, IEEE 1394 3 USB 2.0, Price: Rs. 34490/-

Just visit hp.com/in you will get more superior laptops at 65K with Vista if you insist..

and who said i want Vista?

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Kaash they dropped rates & made it more available

Drop the rate of hardware, make them easy to upgarde, stop whining, & most important, relese the OS to general public installation like Windows & Linux

shantanu

Technomancer
hey arya yush !! you didnt remember the post in which i supported you!!

and you say i havent used mac, yes i have not... i dont think that if i dont use a mac then i will not be a computer literate, YOu know one thing, by your posts you are just making me hate macs,i liked apple and am planning to buy a Apple lappy, You are not proving yourself right but making a whole lot of bad impression on me (i know that does not matter) ,but why ??
Did i say Apple is bad, or i say that your are wrong, i just disagreed to you on a single point,that MAC is not better than VISTA
if i wil count features then MAC will lag behind buddy!!!
you just learn some literature for VISTA, you will come to know that where mac comes in the race,

I am not having any personal comments but lets just not make a thread a BATTLE FIELD , for MACS.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
shantanu, this thread already is a battle ground for win vs mac, every thread in which apple or mac is critisized is transformed in a battle ground, why don't u just understand man :D. No hard feelings but it's the wraith of Macboys all over :p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
koolbluez said:
I started the thread as a Vista - Chalega ya doobega thread..
& What it turned out to be... a MS vs Apple free-for-all!!! :mad:

-------------- Seems like I'm livin up to my siggy :D -----------------​
hey suparman, i m backing out pal....insted of giving his thought why Vista will fail, arya started comparing it to Mac (again). I had to reply cos of his false knowledge & posts

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
shantanu_webmaster said:
hey arya yush !! you didnt remember the post in which i supported you!!

and you say i havent used mac, yes i have not... i dont think that if i dont use a mac then i will not be a computer literate, YOu know one thing, by your posts you are just making me hate macs,i liked apple and am planning to buy a Apple lappy, You are not proving yourself right but making a whole lot of bad impression on me (i know that does not matter) ,but why ??
Did i say Apple is bad, or i say that your are wrong, i just disagreed to you on a single point,that MAC is not better than VISTA
if i wil count features then MAC will lag behind buddy!!!
you just learn some literature for VISTA, you will come to know that where mac comes in the race,

I am not having any personal comments but lets just not make a thread a BATTLE FIELD , for MACS.
I have utmost respect for anyone who talks sense and that includes you. You have never used a Mac and therefore, do not know whether it is easy to use or not. But you said that Windows is easier to use. I just corrected you very politely. :)

As for my posts making you not like Macs, well, you need to read them with an understanding that you might be wrong sometimes. You cannot know how the grass is on the other side just by looking at it, you need to touch it. I am pretty sure gx_saurav, in his countless arguments with me and Anand, has never ever been able to prove any point in favour of Windows that we did not already concede. Nor have his buddies been up to the task. After he has pulled a hundred things out of his ass, he comes up with one half decent reply like, for example, the poor support for TV tuners on the Mac platform. And if you are more keen to believe him rather then check the facts out for yourself, you are the one who is losing out, mate! Not him, not me.

His sole existence on Earth is dedicated to posting anti-Apple posts and if you deprive yourself of the chance to use a MacBook based on his derisive behaviour, you'll be losing a huge opportunity. Go to an Apple Authorised Reseller, ask for a demo, use the product for as long as you want and then decide whether it is for you or not. It may not be, one shoe does not fit all. Tell us later what you didn't like about the system. I'd love to hear it from someone who has actually used it. :)

And if you were offended by some post of mine, I am sorry! I try to make sure I don't behave rudely, but some pests get on my nerves sometimes. I didn't think I would ever need to justify myself and I am partly ashamed for doing so but it is high time people stopped seeing me as an anti-Microsoft person. I am pro-Apple but I am in no way anti-Microsoft. Yes, Windows is crap and Microsoft does not take care of its customers but since I neither use Windows nor am I their customer, I couldn't care less. But I do think that Microsoft Office and Zune are good products, even better than iWork and iPod. And I have always defended Microsoft from anti-MS zealots even on this forum. gx_saurav, on the other hand, is 100 percent anti-Apple. In fact, even if some guy posts a thread to ask about the price of a MacBook, he will start saying that the guy is stupid and is making a wrong decision. LOL! And he has the gall to say that I am a fanboy (or macboy or macpest or whatever crap you guys can come up with)! :lol:

And don't go into the territory of trying to list Windows features to me without using a Mac. I have the advantage of having used both systems extensively and I have both a PC and a Mac at my home. If I had not genuinely liked the Mac and found it to be much better, I wouldn't have held such a high opinion of it. Why would I want to use a system that I find inferior! Did you have live icons, instant searching, explorer shortcuts, slick animations, a photo management, CD/DVD authoring and calendar application, live previews, etc. before 2007? No, you did not. Mac users have had them at least for two years, with some features dating back to the beginning of 2001.

Just wait for Leopard...

Oh, and BTW, if you are indeed thinking of buying a Mac, don't do so now. Wait for Leopard to be released and shipped as the default OS on all Macs. :)

@koolbluez,
It is an addiction. Agar chor sakta to kabka chor deta! In my heart of hearts, I actually want people not to buys Macs so that they retain their exclusive status, but I just cannot resist when people lie about Macs and spread FUD. I thought I was done with this thread but then Shantanu posted a post which I just had to reply to clear his misconception. :)

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I am pretty sure gx_saurav, in his countless arguments with me and Anand, has never ever been able to prove any point in favour of Windows that we did not already concede

Ignorence is bliss.....read how many times u have been pwned

His sole existence on Earth is dedicated to posting anti-Apple posts
#1 rant

Just wait for Leopard...

Wasen't Leopard supposed to relese before Vista?

Thread reported for personal rants, again. I hope any mods other then the mod sees it

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
Peace out fellows...How long will aryayush defend himself with all throwing insults at Mac???Aryayush if Apple decides to keep Apple Forum Person(same as MVP) or something,my vote is for u..

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
kirangp said:
Peace out fellows...How long will aryayush defend himself with all throwing insults at Mac???Aryayush if Apple decides to keep Apple Forum Person(same as MVP) or something,my vote is for u..

I vote arya for Apple Marketing

But like MVP sorry but it means something else

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
arys should change his name tag from Mac genius to Macpest :D, will suit him perfectly.

Me too vote arya, i guess he is also in the doubt that some Apple employee is keeping an eye on the forum & he will win the ABF (Apple Biggest Fanboy) award :p, or maybe he gets paid for posting such rants in his free time on forum

So, as we can see, the thread is compleately deviated from it's topic due to macboys, again. I guess I should write a post next counting & pointing how many times arya was pwned himself 8). amitava just pwned u above arya.

I tried to say again & again, to come back to the topic but it was again & again transformed into a battle ground by Arya.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Wasen't Leopard supposed to relese before Vista?
If you mean to ask, "Wasn't Leopard supposed to be released before Vista?" - the answer is "no, it wasn't".

amitava82's laptop neither has any operating system installed nor does it have an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
And that difference will remain, I hope it always does. If you are not willing to pay a premium for better design, zero security issues, the best operating system in the world running on a machine that can run any application whether it be of Windows or Linux - you are not the type of customer Apple is after. Go buy your Windows laptop and be happy, at least as happy as you can be running Windows.

And as I have always said, HP's computers are not only cheaper than Apple's, they are generally cheaper than all other players in the industry. Have a look at Sony and Dell's laptops, they are far more expensive than Apple's.

At the end of the day, I don't know what you guys are trying to prove here by arguing with me. If you are bitter at having to use Windows and are looking for some sense of justification by trying to belittle the Mac platform, fat chance! It is very easy to rant about it sitting at your house in front of a computer screen, but there are not many people in this world who can honestly say that they have had the opportunity to use a Mac and did not like it. I see it everyday, when guests come to my home and see my MacBook Pro. There is a reason most films that have a scene about computers use Macs in the shot; Shankar Ehsaan Loy have a wholly Mac based workflow and BSNL, Linksys, Microsoft and other companies use it in their advertisements. Macs are better than PCs, the price is not even a factor. If some virus corrupts your Windows installation and you have to format your hard drive, the data loss will be far more valuable than the bucks you saved on the PC itself. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom