Vista vs Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Of the 120 respondents polled, on a scale of 1:10 where 10 was the highest rating, the average pre-rating for Windows Vista was 4.4. After they saw the demo, respondents rated Mojave an average of 8.5.
LMAO..... :lol:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Nice marketing gimmick :D Btw, is the demo of Mojave that they showed to those dumb people available for public to view ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Some facts from the official website:

Of the users -

84% were WinXP users
22% were Mac OS users
14% Pre-WinXP users
1% Linux users.

What they did:
The participants were given a demo by a trained retail salesperson - geared towards the experiences they seemed most interested in following a series of interviews. While the retail salesperson drove the demo, it was geared by the interests and direction of the participant.

The participants were not allowed to use the system. A salesperson gave them a demo of "Mojave" and people's rating jumped from 4.4 to 8.5 after the "slideshow" :lol:

Ok.. enough of jokes now :D

Some facts from the official website:

Of the users -

84% were WinXP users
22% were Mac OS users
14% Pre-WinXP users
1% Linux users.

What they did:
The participants were given a demo by a trained retail salesperson - geared towards the experiences they seemed most interested in following a series of interviews. While the retail salesperson drove the demo, it was geared by the interests and direction of the participant.

The participants were not allowed to use the system. A salesperson gave them a demo of "Mojave" and people's rating jumped from 4.4 to 8.5 after the "slideshow" :lol:

Ok.. enough of jokes now :D
:lol:

ans I guess I know why only 1% were linux users... that would equal to about a single guy (as they interviewed 120 guys) maybe he was too thin, so they counted him as 1 instead of 1.2... and they are claiming that even linux users find mojave better than xp :lol:

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The participants were not allowed to use the system. A salesperson gave them a demo of "Mojave" and people's rating jumped from 4.4 to 8.5 after the "slideshow"
Slideshow? I have not been able to see the video, my net is acting weird. Are you sure it is a slideshow, like power-point slides? Or is it a demo they were given, which you call a slideshow? FYI, most demos are like that only, if you have ever seen or taken one. A sales-rep showing you whatever product you are interested in.

Off course, not giving hands-on is lame.
ans I guess I know why only 1% were linux users... that would equal to about a single guy (as they interviewed 120 guys) maybe he was too thin, so they counted him as 1 instead of 1.2... and they are claiming that even linux users find mojave better than xp
I hope you could make sense of what you siad.

They cant even get the mojave site to run properly. Links are broken.
The links are working fine.

Pat

Beyond Smart
The links are working fine.

First link is OK.
Second link takes me to this page:
*www.microsoft.com/err/windows/windows-vista/get/p_default/default
Third link to this:
*www.microsoft.com/err/windows/headerFooter
Last link does not work at all.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Slideshow? I have not been able to see the video, my net is acting weird. Are you sure it is a slideshow, like power-point slides? Or is it a demo they were given, which you call a slideshow? FYI, most demos are like that only, if you have ever seen or taken one. A sales-rep showing you whatever product you are interested in.
Slideshow was a sarcastic way of putting the word "demo". The joke here is not 'slideshow' but 'demo'.. :lol:

Beat this: I haf a fully configured XP MCE or Linux + MythTV or Linux + XBMC or Mac OS X. I get 100 people and show them whatever they need can be done on this system.. would you call it a success like the BS Mojave experiment which has changed the "perspective" of the people about the product? How can you even "change" the rating of a product by just looking at the demo? How lame is that?

If 10,000 people were given Vista machines disguised as Mojave and allowed to use for a month and then asked about the rating and if then Vista would come out as a winner, it makes sense. 100 people are given a demo of Vista for 3 dayz by a salesperson and then say the people love it.. they upped the rating from 4.4 to 8.5.. then I'd say.. thats BULLSH1T.. screw those dumb people...

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
If 10,000 people were given Vista machines disguised as Mojave and allowed to use for a month and then asked about the rating and if then Vista would come out as a winner, it makes sense. 100 people are given a demo of Vista for 3 dayz by a salesperson and then say the people love it.. they upped the rating from 4.4 to 8.5.. then I'd say.. thats BULLSH1T.. screw those dumb people...

I'm disappointed... I really thought that the participants were allowed to use Mojave/Vista like normal machines and then their reactions were taken. :(

It's all back to square one, I guess. When people saw initial leaked photos & features of Vista/Longhorn, they were simply awestruck. But when they actually got to use it, it turned out to be a damp squib. :x

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Off course it's lame that people weren't actually given a hands-on, people like us who are the fidgety types would have wanted a hands-on. But, most demos are like that only.

Also, saying that screw those people makes no difference. Those are the same people who will buy Vista/OS X or Linux, though I never see them using Linux .... ever.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Off course it's lame that people weren't actually given a hands-on, people like us who are the fidgety types would have wanted a hands-on. But, most demos are like that only.

If that's the case, how can they increase the rating??? Is this the correct way to increase a product's rating, by providing a so-called DEMO of its features??? :x

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Err ... dude, that's what demos are for. Showing you a product, you like it, you're impressed you find it nice, you find it appealing you give it a rating according to you and then you buy t. That's how a customer works, that's how YOU will buy something. GO to a shop, see the stuff, touch it feel it and if you like it you will give it a score according to you, not necessarily numeric but will rate it and then make a decision.

And it's not MS who is increasing the rating, it is the people who saw the demo, increased their initial rating of Vista.

I simply don't understand what is the problem if someone is shown something and then they find it appealing and change their opinion about it.

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
It's just that I expected something else, something different from Microsoft. This demo thingy has happened with me many times & I'm sure it has happened with a lot of people, that a product looks & feels great in the store but once you start using it, you realize that it isn't actually that good...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
And it's not MS who is increasing the rating, it is the people who saw the demo, increased their initial rating of Vista.
:lol:

I simply don't understand what is the problem if someone is shown something and then they find it appealing and change their opinion about it.
The problem is that such a stupid event leads to 5 pages of useless discussions on forums like these and then MS fanboys start trolling and saying - See how great Vista is.. Mac and Linux users are spreading FUD against Vista. Vista has come out clean. It a winner. Starts to bash Linux/Mac OS X . blah.. blah.. blah..

And before GX edits his posts lemme prove what I said above:

GX said:
Well, don't U guys agree that configuring Linux is not as easy as configuring Vista? Those people who were at the Mojave Demo r proof that Vista's bad press is nothing but FUD by Anti-MS people & vista no longer is in the same state as it was on launch. people havn't used vista still they blame it like Sandisk CEO was blaming for there low performing SSDs

GX said:
Mojave project proved that the bad vista press was nothing but FUD by lingeeks & Macboys who have never used it

GX said:
It is the fault of hardware manufacturer that there are no drivers for Windows Vista for there hardware. In case of Linux it is Linux's fault cos they restrict drivers to be open source only & closed source drivers do not always work with Linux. Driver manufacturer has the choice to release OSS or closed source drivers in case of Windows, but in case of Linux they must OSS it even if they don't want to. Since many hardware manufacturers don't want to release the source of there drivers, they cannot be blamed for not providing linux drivers. Windows gives them choice of going either open source or closed source, Linux doesn't

GX said:
Lingeek - Damn, Linux isn't working on my motherboard. It is hanging. My motherboard manufacturer sux, I am gonna sue him, post on blogs to users not to buy this manufacturer's products & curse them for life. I m going to blame Microsoft for Monopoly, DRM, Patent Troll. It's all the fault of Microsoft for maing an OS which works on every motherboard.

Clueless Computer user - Damn, Linux won't work with my motherboard. Lets use Windows instead, it works fine. Now where is that Rs 50 DVD of Vista I bought from Nehru Place???

Normal User - Linux isn't working....ok I m buying Windows Vista instead. It will work for sure.

Media User - Damn, Linux isn't working. & even if it does I can't watch that Blu Ray disk I bought of Batman begins??? Oh well, let's buy Vista home premium for 4.2k, everything works fine on it.
etc... etc... This is the problem!!!!

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The problem is that such a stupid event leads to 5 pages of useless discussions on forums like these and then MS fanboys start trolling and saying - See how great Vista is.. Mac and Linux users are spreading FUD against Vista. Vista has come out clean. It a winner. Starts to bash Linux/Mac OS X . blah.. blah.. blah..
Well, now the other side will start bashing MS. And the story continues ...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Exactly, what I am trying to say... 5 pages err.. now 6 pages of useless discussion. Lies.. FUD.. you'll find everything in this thread but rational discussion... :( and that is what is taking its toll on digit forums...

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
@infra, I can't believe you have been arguing with a wall for such a long time, you know there's no point in arguing with whom you are doing now, you were the one advising about this, but now you seem to be on the other side :(

Anyways, fun to watch from the sidelines the ignorance of a few in this thread :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom