Vista Transformation Pack 6.0 RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
Vista Transformation Pack will give to your Windows XP system the new and cool look of Microsoft's future operating system: Windows Vista. The pack changes most of the system icons, skins and toolbars and also adds new enhancements to your desktop such as a dock bar or a different system tray clock. It is free and does a great job of giving machine a look similar to Vista.

It does have uninstallation options in case you decide you want to get rid of it, so there really isn’t anything to lose. However, when you install the software it has to overwrite some system files (it modifies things like the boot screen) so Windows will prompt you stating that your system files have been changed. It will ask whether you want to change them back or leave them, so just leave them if you want the system to function properly.

From now on you can update Vista Transformation Pack without uninstalling and you can even integrate Vista Transformation Pack into Windows setup files. (Still experimental, though but most of them are fine enough to be implemented) This release has a lot of update covering from build 5472 so you’ll get much more icons update and much better visual styles and WindowBlinds skin, with bugs from earlier release fixed.

Changes in Version 6.0 RC1:
- Added browsable System files source for uninstallation so user can restore original system files from setup CD during uninstallation
- Added fixing file’s PE checksum after resource patching to keep files more secure
- Added Launch &Maintenance Center in transformation destination in case user already have transformed the system
- Added missing modifype.exe for Windows XP operating system
- Added partially x64 support for Vista visual stuff but not for system files (experimental)
- Added option to reserved updated system files after uninstallation or not
- Added skipping system file verification patch on setup integration
- Fixed bugs caused by deleting important files from integration after transformation
- Fixed bugs in file-patching engine for uxtheme.dll and resources data
- Fixed themes uninstallation problem (Themes still exist)
- Fixed user picture’s frame border disappearance in logon screen
- Removed manual transformation and let user decide to modify system files or not instead
- Removed un-neccessary system files operations
- Updated final Vista sounds scheme
- Updated Glass2k install option to acknowledge about possible system slow down
- Updated system files transforming method to use PendingFileRenameOperations trick
- Updated updating the transformation to act like never applying the transformation before
- Updated visual styles
|- Fixed ToolbarBackground sizing mismatched from real Vista style
|- Fixed CaptionButton alignment problem when maximized in Vertical shellstyle WindowBlinds theme
|- Fixed shellstyle background color mismatch in Aero Style (Vista - Beta 2) in some areas

Homepage - *www.windowsxlive.net

Size: 14.1 MB

Download
*satzoom.com/lucifiar/vtp6_rc1.zip
Mirror
*www.softvisia.com/Mirrors/Vista/Vista Transformation Pack 6.0 RC1.zip
Use download accelerators: Right-click on Download and "Save Target As..."

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
These vista trans packs suck, i have tried them 2-3 times. Instead use wb 5.01 with various vista themes available. Simply better.

blademast3r

In the zone
techtronic said:
One Big Disadvantage of these transformation packs : Consume RAM

Instead Use Brico Packs
not at all....with glass 2k turned off it doesnt consume much ram at all...i hav 256 mb of RAM and hav been usin transfo pack for the past 6 months or so and hav been playin some high end games ...

SoFtEcH

Broken In
yeah this is really good one and this one was made by my friend WindowsX , and I'm really glad to say that I'm a Beta Tester of this Pack :D ...

Dudes, help me out here...I installed Vista long long ago, i mean yeah long ago....I know it was a counterfeit copy of it, but then it meant nothing to me....It was in the circulation, and i was a part in the chani so i installed it then, now the thing is that, it won't start. It asks for the activation key or the product key...When i type in that it says that this key is already in use! I don't get it...Please help!

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
SoFtEcH said:
yeah this is really good one and this one was made by my friend WindowsX , and I'm really glad to say that I'm a Beta Tester of this Pack :D ...

Are you serious??:???:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Did u check Volume Settings?

Open Volume Settings:

either from Double-clicking on system tray icon
or from Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Volume Control
or from Run -> sndvol32.exe

Now make sure that the volume slider of WAVE is at TOP ;)

da_tcpip

Journeyman
of course i checked there..
maybe the players messed up
also
now i cant play videos on vlcplayer
its like all sound but the window screen is all greyed

SoFtEcH

Broken In
Tech Geek said:
Are you serious??:???:

Yes, I'm , He's one of my friend, I know almost all the themer, Designers, even Vishal too , atfirst I knew Vishal only in an abroad Forum later then I came to know that Vishal is just Rocking here , so that I decided to get involve in our Indian Forums :)
also
now i cant play videos on vlcplayer
its like all sound but the window screen is all greyed

Ok I'll ask this about WindowsX for this if he may have some solutions ...

Last edited:

SoFtEcH

Broken In
WindowsX said that if glass2k is enabled then the sound may be reduce in vlc and also its worthless that watching videos with transparencies .

and He said all those bugs got fixed in his RC2, which will be available soon :)

check WindowsXlive for more info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom