Vista sound woes (Realtek errors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevin_mathews

Right off the assembly line
Hello,
I'm kinda new to the forum but am an avid reader of Digit... I've got one hell off a problem i cant seem to solve. Pls any1 with expertise help me out... ok here it is

My PC is an AMD 3200+, it has an Asus A8V-VM SE motherboard with a VIA K8M890 chipset, 1.28GB DDR-1 Ram, 512MB 8600GT graphics card, a 160GB WD sata, 40GB samsung IDE. I was using XP pro then i bought a legit Vista Home Premium. Once i upgraded to vista, one problem arose and i havent been able to solve it. My board has Realtek for sound. i downloaded the latest version for vista ie 1.80. The problem is the sound dissapears after reebooting. i have to install the driver evertime in vista to get audio. The sound is availabe as long as the machine is on after the driver installation. One of my friends who is a hardware guy said its an IRQ error. He asked me to config it in my bios. so far no matter what, the sound still goes after the system is shutdown....

Does any one have a similar problem?? Can any one tell me how to solve this.Pls help me this reinstallation of the driver everytime i boot into vista is driving me nuts...... Help

Have you checked that the driver is the one which is specially made for Vista? Its really weired! Can you explain what do you mean by 'sound disappears'? Check in Device Manager, if the device is showing up there or not. May be there is some IRQ issue. If you see any exclamation mark in front of the icon of your device, double click on it and not what is the problem. Ok. Reply back.

OP
B

bevin_mathews

Krazy_About_Technology said:
Have you checked that the driver is the one which is specially made for Vista? Its really weired! Can you explain what do you mean by 'sound disappears'? Check in Device Manager, if the device is showing up there or not. May be there is some IRQ issue. If you see any exclamation mark in front of the icon of your device, double click on it and not what is the problem. Ok. Reply back.

Thanks for sharing on my problem dude! i check all that. When i say the sound dissappears i mean, the HD audio is gone. when i check in the control panel....., it says no Hd audio device. Yes the driver is meant for vista though its not a WDM driver.

OP
B

bevin_mathews

Krazy_About_Technology said:
Please check device manager also as i said. in run dialog, type devmgmt.msc to run it.
No use dude. did all that. everytime i reboot the device manager says no HD audio device installed
Pls help i'm going nujts instaling the driver evrytime i switch my comp on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom