Vista over XP...... Urgent advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmvrulz

Broken In
i wanna if i can use vista over xp....

wht i wanna know is ..are most 3rd party softwares compatable in vista....
and will i get the drivers update for my harware...

mine is a AMD 4200+ with asus m2n motherboard....:razz:

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah you can use VISTA OVER XP.. no problem in that... and you can also install XP over VISTA, search the tutorial section for that... :p

all the drivers are available at

*in.asus.com

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
@ketanbodas
Why to wait? Nearly all the softwares are Vista ready and every day more and more joing the bandwagon, Drivers are ready. He is ready to spend the money.

There is nothing to stop and wait for. You can nicely upgrade from XP to Vista, the installation shall notify you of all the incompatible softwares with Vista.

Although,to be safe and clea, i would recommend you to first format and install XP again, do not install any other software or update XP or anything, simple clean Vanilla install and then the next thing, get your internet working and start installing vista.

Install all the applications after installing Vista.

adit_sen

In the zone
I'm sure I'll get bumped for saying this, but Vista is by far one of the most irritating OS's I've ever come across. I'd rather stick to Win XP or better still be wise and switch over to a Mac

djmykey

Let the music play.....
adit_sen said:
I'm sure I'll get bumped for saying this, but Vista is by far one of the most irritating OS's I've ever come across. I'd rather stick to Win XP or better still be wise and switch over to a Mac

I totally agree with adit. This damn os is so bloody irritating that even to enter the control panel it asks for permission and its not something like u need to supply a pass or something, u r supposed to only click a button. How dumb is that on the security front :|

OP
H

hmvrulz

Broken In
adit_sen said:

will Mac work on my pc... if so which ver of it ??

shaunak

Tux Fan
Most software vendors are rushing to make their software compatible with vista. Most of them already have so software compatibility is no excuse.
If you have the processing power I see no reason to buy Xp over vista given both of them retail at the same price. [give or take 1K]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom