Vista Launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Bill Gates Celebrates Worldwide General Availability of Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office System
January 29, 2007
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/handdown.gif
From Times Square in New York City, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates hosted the worldwide launch of Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office System. The celebration paid tribute to the millions of Microsoft customers, partners and product testers around the world who provided input and feedback on these products -- helping Microsoft transform the way people communicate, create and share content, and access information and entertainment in the new digital age.

CONGRATS MICROSOFT.

Here.

Microsoft has made the first batch of 22 updates for Vista available via the built-in Windows Update client.

*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/SigBar.gif

jack// ani

In the zone
gx_saurav said:
Same story with all the OS out there. Don't tell me u don't like updating the OS to fix problems

yeah...i do like updates and do it on regular basis!!

but certainly not for newly launched products like vista...which is supposed to be the biggest release of the year...its messy!!

so better wait...for next updated retail version. who the hell..have time n money to keep then updating..right from its release...huh

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
but certainly not for newly launched products like vista...which is supposed to be the biggest release of the year...its messy!!

so better wait...for next updated retail version. who the hell..have time n money to keep then updating..right from its release...huh
One thing you should know, that Vista is relesed today for the geenral public. However it's been 3 months that it was relesed for Bussiness Users, so technically it is already 3 months old

By the way, activewin has done an extensive 72 page review of Windows Vista

Tomshardware has compleated there XP vs Vista performance difference benchmarks

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
IN tomshardware, for all the tests Windows Xp is faster than Vista. This does not mean that XP is superior. let the 64 bit apps taking full use of Vista features come in and XP will look like granny before Vista.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
saurabh.sauron said:
well it's out. support for XP might be out in another two years. MS dumps it's old software like anything.

it was supposed to end 2009, but xp support will now end 2014. The addition of a five-year "extended support" phase to Windows XP will take effect in May 2009.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Same story with all the OS out there. Don't tell me u don't like updating the OS to fix problems
Yes, we do - but certainly not on the day it is released.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@arya

Vista was relesed 3 months ago un-officially, & today only it is relesed for Public use.

MS relesed some updates for Vista today, & guess what, none of them are releted to security, they are usability updates such as MUI & other languages

jack// ani

In the zone
^^ yeah..true!! nobody on the earth wants to do that..

Vista was relesed 3 months ago un-officially, & today only it is relesed for Public use.

MS relesed some updates for Vista today, & guess what, none of them are releted to security, they are usability updates such as MUI & other languages

but still...its buddy right.

Last edited:

soham

In the zone
gx_saurav said:
One thing you should know, that Vista is relesed today for the geenral public. However it's been 3 months that it was relesed for Bussiness Users, so technically it is already 3 months old

By the way, activewin has done an extensive 72 page review of Windows Vista

Tomshardware has compleated there XP vs Vista performance difference benchmarks

It wasnt exactly launched for all business 3 months ago. It was only launched for big scale enterprises (Vista Enterprise Edition) and was available through volume licensing. Even Vista Business Edition has been launched today.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
ok, the build-up is over and xp's successor vista has hit the shelves.

"Vista will make finding easily exploitable vulnerabilities a lot harder, according to security researchers..."
*www.securityfocus.com/news/11439?ref=rss

*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/stylucm5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom