Vista Launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetcall

Indian by heart
I am afraid if they are really gonna make piracy that difficult. Windows XP is already creating mess for a vast pool of people with the WGA and OGA validations.

rajasekharan

Youngling
better connectivity and communications, and a more productive, more enjoyable experience all around,” Ballmer said..."

i think he said the same in XP tooo.................

same use of lines...:)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
anandk said:
nice pictorial representation tarey_g. found in it, an answer, to an unanswered question, i had in my mind, for quite some time. thanx.
If you think that the comic shown by him is the definitive answer to your question, you need to look around a little.

If Macs are such non-entities that the mighty virus writers do not care about it, why do the software developers do - why does Adobe do, why does Microsoft care! And basically, if virus writers do not care to write viruses for the Mac, should I be disappointed? Of course not.
So, it is a win-win situation for Mac users whichever way you see it.
And thanks for the comic, tarey_g - it cheered me up. Seriously. :)

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
let there be thousands of new viruses and thousands of new threats requiring endless updates.So the people will spend next few precious years of their already stressful life finding updates / bugfixes / tweaks / the easy-to-find-shortcut-now-hidden-beyond -any person's reach.

Let the bugs(new improved stable features now in india) roll in please..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
ax3 said:
billy is smart ...... bt he could have released BUGS FIXES 1st & then the actual OS ......... LOL ...........

VISTA = PISTA (dialup users) ...........

Right now vista is good for RTM, & it's out now. Bugs will always be ther & system updates will always be required in all OS.

Vista = Pista (dialup users) :D absolutely right

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It is supposed to be 'िवसटा', as opposed to 'विष्टा'. The 'SA' should be half but I don't know how to put a half 'SA'. :?

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^Yes do as he is saying(but dont change the ष)
this is the correct word िवषटा
(actually the correct word is िवसटा) but the above means what I want it to mean:D:D

T

thunderbird.117

planetcall said:
I am afraid if they are really gonna make piracy that difficult. Windows XP is already creating mess for a vast pool of people with the WGA and OGA validations.

They are making it difficult for legal user not for illegaly users. :)

Vyasram

The pWnster
^^^ i heard from some sources that u cant activate vista in a system if it gets its mobo/(any serious product) replaced twice

also that drm sh1t with those messy restrictions in activation

only pirates and hardcore windows fanboys will buy vista(with those above mentioned freebies) for more than 10k (ie home premium)

i'm gonna stick with win xp and hopefully use linux if it offers me everything

nageentp

Right off the assembly line
Hey Guys

Where can I get Windows Vista Ultimate !, me at chennai.

Called up the local distributors of windows xp, n they said it will be available only after 2 weeks :mad:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Vyasram said:
^^^ i heard from some sources that u cant activate vista in a system if it gets its mobo/(any serious product) replaced twice

only pirates and hardcore windows fanboys will buy vista(with those above mentioned freebies) for more than 10k (ie home premium)

You'd mentioned that you'd bought a Mac, what happened to that? :?

Sorry for being off-topic!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Vyasram said:

"You may uninstall the software and install it on another device for your use. You may not do so to share this license between devices."
If you upgrade an existing PC, you'll be allowed to reactivate under the new license terms, and you'll have 30 days to do so, which is a significant improvement over the three-day grace period allowed when Windows XP goes "out of tolerance."
So as you are a XP user from yrs and never faced such problem, then vista is a better case. Just dont go with the 'Some sources' which have rotten articles.

Vyasram said:

Non DRM'd content will play like in XP(why are ppl making fuss), and the activation is not messy unless someone has pirated copy.
Vista's biggest competitior is Windows XP, I dont think avg user has any need to buy Vista soon. Gamers an enthusiasts will buy it for sure.

T

thunderbird.117

And Also. The DRM will activate if the disc has those option such has for HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. The DRM will not affect other things such has for ripping mp3 and other things.

BTW:- HD-DVD and Blu-Ray is cracked. :D. Hurray for them and loser for people who spend lot of money in copy-protection. They can spend those money in africa and save them.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
thunderbird.117 said:
BTW:- HD-DVD and Blu-Ray is cracked. :D. Hurray for them and loser for people who spend lot of money in copy-protection. They can spend those money in africa and save them.

Or they could have made the product cheaper instead of spending millions on making copy protection.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
vista and ofc2007 became available, January 30, in retail stores across India.

*www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&sectid=7&contentid=20070131025315375578776cb

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
do not want to create a new post but this is funny.

Edit: *www.marcorolandi.com/imgs/just4fun.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom