Vista Launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
soham said:
Is Vista already out in stores in India. WHat is the price?

dont think its out in the stores in India yet...
but here are the indicative prices in India :

vista home basic - 8450/-
vista home premium - 10050/-
vista business - 12500/-
vista ultimate - 16700/-

a nice review here btw, Review: Windows Vista operating system

soham

In the zone
Vista Home basic costs more than XP pro and it doesnt even sport Aero!
It is priced such that everyone willing to buy Vista would end up buying the Home premium version.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
yeah that is true, XP Home editions costs less then Vista basic, something not right. All of a sudden, Windows XP looks better then Vista on old hardware

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
gx_saurav said:
yeah that is true, XP Home editions costs less then Vista basic, something not right. All of a sudden, Windows XP looks better then Vista on old hardware

VIsta will come bundled with new desktop pc's from most manufacturers so that'll help vista too .

soham

In the zone
In India, there would be hardly any vendors who would bundle anything above Vista Home Basic. Imagine getting a copy of Vista Ultimate Edition with a 35k PC.
Suddenly a premium OS has become a luxury possesion.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
In India, there would be hardly any vendors who would bundle anything above Vista Home Basic. Imagine getting a copy of Vista Ultimate Edition with a 35k PC.
Suddenly a premium OS has become a luxury possesion

This luxery will soon be all over, due to piracy. There are many people who don't need anything over Vista home premium, however still they will want Ultimate edition, just for the sake of it cos it's the best

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
gx_saurav said:
This luxery will soon be all over, due to piracy. There are many people who don't need anything over Vista home premium, however still they will want Ultimate edition, just for the sake of it cos it's the best

10 on 10

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Of course, but can you blame them? If I can have a better product, I'll always want it too whether I actually require it or not.

This comic puts it forward quite effectively:

*www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/915.gif

Even if you overlook the last part, the message is quite clear. Announcing so many different versions of a product is simply tomfoolery.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
gx_saurav said:
There is no harm if you get it for free:D

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
dont we always crave for BEST....so we all had MS WINDOWS Xp..now very soon it will be VISTA :D

premsharma

In the zone
gx_saurav said:
One thing you should know, that Vista is relesed today for the geenral public. However it's been 3 months that it was relesed for Bussiness Users, so technically it is already 3 months old

[/URL]

It was released for underground users at the same of Business release.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
aryayush said:
Of course, but can you blame them? If I can have a better product, I'll always want it too whether I actually require it or not.

This comic puts it forward quite effectively:

Even if you overlook the last part, the message is quite clear. Announcing so many different versions of a product is simply tomfoolery.

Different versions provide choice to the consumer, everybody likes choice.

btw,comics are my favourite , and yes the message is clear in this one too.

*img249.imageshack.us/img249/4963/20060513vy6.jpg

Last edited:

Aberforth

The Internationalist
@ tarey_g - I could understand the cartoon. Mac users are usually the hip guys, designers and girls - no on target list of usual virus writers. :p

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Yay! I was waiting fot this. Luckily it was a worldwide release. Unlike the Zune and the Xbox 360...

I can't wait for a product to be released here after it has been released in another country! I get too excited.

Can't w8 to get my hands onto Vista.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The reason for only one version & pack of MacOS X is that it runs only on a few selected hardware, & U will need to buy a Mac to run it, thats why it costs $130, they are already making money by saling the drivers & hardware

Windows Vista on the other hand, install on millions of possible hardware configurations, not sticking or limited to just one. Besides, not everyone needs MCE features, or Volume shadow copy, or server support, so why give them these components? Why not just relese a slim version at lower cost, & if the user requires he can Express upgrade to other higher versions or use 3Rd party Alternatives like for example, media portal, or SageTV.

Whats the point of giving someone Home premium, when he doesn't have hardware enough to run it ( a DX9 based gfx card), why not give him an option of Vista home basic at low price

Besides, MS cannot make just one edition, like Windows Vista , they will again get sued for relesing one with WMP11, or one with Inbuilt WLM 8.1. Vista targets a lot bigger market, & users can buy whatever they want.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
nice pictorial representation tarey_g. found in it, an answer, to an unanswered question, i had in my mind, for quite some time. thanx.

“Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007 will transform the way people work and play,” said Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft. “Personal computers have become a key part of the daily lives of almost a billion people worldwide..."

*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/vislaunch.jpg
bill gates and ballmer together on the stage : a rare occurance

“We designed Windows Vista and Office 2007 as springboards for our partners, for realizing the next generation of computing, for a whole new wave of innovation in devices and software that offer better graphics, better connectivity and communications, and a more productive, more enjoyable experience all around,” Ballmer said..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom