Vista Launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
hmm...looks like vista home premium is doing the best !!!

"Microsoft's wish that consumers purchase the premium versions of Windows Vista rather than the most basic version of the OS may be coming true, according to the findings of a research report released Thursday. Research from Current Analysis for the week ending Feb. 3, which covers the first five days Vista was available to U.S. retail customers, shows that sales of PCs with Vista Home Premium preinstalled comprised 70 percent of PC unit sales in the U.S. retail market, while sales of PCs with Vista Home Basic accounted for 22 percent. Windows Vista was released to consumers on Jan. 30.

However, sales of PCs with the most full-featured and expensive consumer version of Vista, Windows Vista Ultimate, were lackluster in the first week, accounting for a mere 1.2 percent of PC sales...*www.infoworld.com/

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
hey guys : Catch the launch of Vista that happened at Mumbai… watch Priyanka, akshay, malliaka arora khan, sunidhi chauhan in action ...
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/vismum.jpg
share the WOW : starplus, 10pm, 11th feb.

planetcall

Indian by heart
I have used vista and found that XP is still better :) Vista doesnt go Aero on I865Original with P4(3.0GHz HT) and 768MB RAM. That was pathetic. What a resource whore vista is. I better use XP with WindowBlinds and IconPackager :)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
aryayush said:
It needs at least a gigabyte of RAM for enabling Aero.
no dude 512 is enuf for Aero (atleast in my case):D

@planetcall btw if you run both XP & Vista on a latest m/b (e.g. dg965wh), Vista blows XP away:D

memory management is really good (with even Vista beta2:D).

Vista booted faster than XP, drives open quicker than in XP, simply put- Access time for any file/folder is better & faaaster than in XP:)

wat was my scenario- both XP & Vista were clean Installs, completely deragmented Drives, with just Opera, & a AV (avg). installed.

my config- Intel DG965WH m/b, GMA X3000 [onboard], P4 3.06GHz, 1GB DDR2 Corsair RAM (@533MHz).

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
planetcall said:
I have used vista and found that XP is still better :) Vista doesnt go Aero on I865Original with P4(3.0GHz HT) and 768MB RAM. That was pathetic. What a resource whore vista is. I better use XP with WindowBlinds and IconPackager :)
aryayush said:
It needs at least a gigabyte of RAM for enabling Aero.
BS , aero does not need 1Gig . It needs dx9 video card/onboard. So no matter you put what gigs of ram without dx9 hardware it wont show aero. I myself currently have 512MB ram with nvidia 6100 onboard which runs aero smooth.

@ planetcall , your 865 onboard is not sm2.0 compatible hardware , so you wont see aero. Get a low end dx9 card (like nvidia gf 5200) if you want to enjoy Aero , else xp is good enough.

Last edited:

premsharma

In the zone
s18000rpm said:
no dude 512 is enuf for Aero (atleast in my case):D

@planetcall btw if you run both XP & Vista on a latest m/b (e.g. dg965wh), Vista blows XP away:D

memory management is really good (with even Vista beta2:D).

Vista booted faster than XP, drives open quicker than in XP, simply put- Access time for any file/folder is better & faaaster than in XP:)

wat was my scenario- both XP & Vista were clean Installs, completely deragmented Drives, with just Opera, & a AV (avg). installed.

my config- Intel DG965WH m/b, GMA X3000 [onboard], P4 3.06GHz, 1GB DDR2 Corsair RAM (@533MHz).

But then you don't have 3d Flip function of Vista working on these configurations. Rest everything agree but this GMA is only GMA 3000 and not X 3000. Or Itel trying to fox customers by adding X and making us beleive that it is equivalent to something like X200 from ATI. This is due to run away success of intel D101 & 102 mobos with ATI X200 onboard.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
you're right about Flip part & GMA 3000.

the intel website says it has GMA X3000, & also the Box:D, i thought my PC was kinda screwed:oops: about X3000 & 3000:D

*www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG965WH/index.htm

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I have got 4.0 out of 5.9 performance index with athlon64 3200+ 1 gb ddr(not ddr2:D) geforce 6600.
They say the computers which get 4 or 5 are best for gaming and other sh!t on vista:D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
My bad, I am sorry for the mistake. I myself used to run Vista RC1 on my unused computer on 512 MB of RAM and I somehow forgot that for a while. :|

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
a nice link
Reasons to Run to Vista; and from Vista :D
*www.eweek.com/slideshow/0,1206,l=&s=&a=199829,00.asp?kc=EWEWKEMLP020307BOEB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom