Vista is still the most secure OS to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
rocket357 said:
Boy you are seriously blind. Check the thread topic, man!
everyone is blind. one says something which contradicts the thread title yet defends it. another says no no.. it is the most secure amongst only the desktop os.. yet another says..yeah true but windows is more usable then <xyz>... u can treat a person who has poor vision but not a person who's completely blind!!!

rocket357

Security freak
infra_red_dude said:
everyone is blind. one says something which contradicts the thread title yet defends it. one says no no.. is only in the desktop os.. one says..yeah true but windows is more usable then <xyz>... u can treat a person which has poor vision but not a person who's completely blind!!!

Well, I guess I'm blind too. I fail to see how 2 high severity vulnerabilities per month < 2 high severity vulnerabilities per decade...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
infra_red_dude said:
everyone is blind. u can treat a person which has poor vision but not a person who's completely blind!!!

Yup...eggjactly, just look at the size of spects Rocket is wearing :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
iMav said:
haan toh maine thread title diya kya :?
jab thread title tune nahi diya to uske paksh mein kyon bol raha hai??!!! stupid logic man!!!

translation:
imav: yean but i didn't give the thread title
infra_red_dude: then why are u defending it?!!

true gx, rocket has worn specs and has now corrected himself. time for you to do the same!! :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
im not defending the title im against the un-necessary bahsing of windows by lin boys and mac boys which is quite evident fromt he beginning

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
iMav said:
technically there is nothing wrong with the title coz ... open bsd doesnt qualify as a desktop OS ...
who is this iMav who's defending the title??!!!

iMav said:
... i wonder were we wrong when we said it in the beginning that vista the most secure os ....
and this is the very second post of this thread made by you!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok buddy i'm outta this stupid debate. you don't stand by what you urself haf said sometime ago. whats the point in debating?!!!

guess i made a mistake by posting here into this thread. something rekindled me to debate... and i started participating in this discussion. but... anyways... back to a spectator now! wasted a lot of time here. cud've learnt something in that time and mite've helped someone wid whatever knowledge i haf :)

"vista is still the most secure os" (yeah desktop/server/home/workstation..plz tick whatever you like!! :D)

happy debating... :)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Ok people, move on.. Point proven.. Thread topic/title nullified, as accepted by ALL. I think mods can lock this thread now.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
gx_saurav said:
rocket357 said:
Gentoo with less than 100 MB of RAM gives me a full menu-driven desktop. When was the last time that occurred on Windows?

Hmm....hard to find out. Windows Classic is the most minimalistic form of Window Manager on Windows & it still provides much more features then that 100 MB installation of gentoo.
Gosh. I thought you were bad only in english. But your reasoning is even worse. Please don't waste your time giving CAT. Can't you differenciate between RAM and hard disk space?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Gosh, I wonder how were u not able to understand what I meant, when the user I was refering the lines to understood it easily.

Last edited:

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Sorry a lil OT

mehulved said:
Gosh. I thought you were bad only in english. But your reasoning is even worse. Please don't waste your time giving CAT. Can't you differenciate between RAM and hard disk space?

Mehul, bad english, CAT ? ;)

Some correction needed :)

Was just a spectator here bt couldnt resist myself aftr seeing this little error, or typo :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
See, this is why I told u not to use gentoo & use Mandriva which comes with everything already configured. Just start it , & work.

Or, you can always switch to Vista :D

rocket357

Security freak
ashu_dps said:
Mehul, bad english, CAT ? ;)

Some correction needed :)

Was just a spectator here bt couldnt resist myself aftr seeing this little error, or typo :D

If I'm not mistaken, 99% of the people in this debate are from India. Again, (correct me if I'm wrong), English is not the native language in India. A stray typo or two is certainly allowed...heh. (I come from a native-English-speaking country, and *I've* had typo's, too...so I certainly can't complain about other typos!)

And I think this debate has come to at least a workable agreement that a) Vista is not the most secure OS to date (though it's six month report looks excellent), b) OpenBSD is for extremist computer nerds, c) Linux gives you choice to use a "fire and forget" distro or a "tweak until you can't see straight" distro. Have I missed anything? Heh.

vaithy

In the zone
gx_saurav said:
Add to it, Vista is the most secure consumer desktop OS.

Yes!! among the Windows editions this is a secure OS so far, nothing major flows found, even the earlier flows has been rectified.. ( I am working on a New PC with vista preinstalled in my office)

But, it doesn't meant that it surpass the typical security elements built in Linux and BSD variants (including MAC)

with regards,
Vaithy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom