Vista is still the most secure OS to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
his reply is .... vista has drm yash raj is releasing drm drm is bad drm drm drm drm mummeeeee drm aa raha hai

shehar mein jab bacha nahi sotta hai toh uski maa kehti soja bete nahi toh drm aa jayega ... drm drm drm

The other one
Does anyone watch yash raj movies? nobody gives a sh1t. Singing and dancing comes on tv, there is no story. then what's there to protect? These yash raj,karan johar,similar people have ruined the indian cinema. Aaaak thoo..

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
shehar mein jab bacha nahi sotta hai toh uski maa kehti soja bete nahi toh drm aa jayega
lol! But u all r being too hard on him, drm does sucks and it hurts 'honest'(filthy rich?) people most.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i agree that drm isnt good for the end consumer but prakash seems to be obsessed with drm and for some reason he is bashing MS in every possible thread because vista supports drm ... and according to him it is MS's fault that yash raj released drm music

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Does anyone watch yash raj movies? nobody gives a sh1t. Singing and dancing comes on tv, there is no story. then what's there to protect? These yash raj,karan johar,similar people have ruined the indian cinema. Aaaak thoo..

That's your opinion, unfortunately a lot of Indians do not share this opinion, though I do personally. These people who like YR films are a lot and they may suffer due to DRM not now and in near future but yes with the penetration of the net and sale of online music going up- they will.

The other one
kumarmohit said:
That's your opinion, unfortunately a lot of Indians do not share this opinion, though I do personally. These people who like YR films are a lot and they may suffer due to DRM not now and in near future but yes with the penetration of the net and sale of online music going up- they will.

I don't think suffering for them is anything new , as they willingly suffer yash raj's movies. :D DRM feels less evil then those movies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dude u and ur drm shut up man ... coz of u people are starting threads to teach us what to speak and what not to ...

the topic is about vista's security drm is not associated with its security so keep it out .... copy-paste all ur links about drm in a separate thread then we will talk there ... :x

praka123

left this forum longback
Reminder : Sakumar asked you some good questions. Didn't find anything thru google to copy paste? Lets see for how much time you will ignore them.
why so much harshness?why google copy-it shows the truth only.
remember i have opened the hidden trap of Vista called DRM to be known to many users for the firsttime here afaik.lets dont go in the direction of justifying it :-| that looks too win fanboysh like the other two win-rav@ns here
yes,a google search for all "privilaged" DRM VIsta users:
*www.google.co.in/search?q=Vista%20DRM&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

the topic is about vista's security drm is not associated with its security so keep it out
DRM itself is a security risk for Vista users.it works as a rootkit or chroot env inside Operating system.try wikipedia for that.
so far disgusting fanboys i am seeing bashing me for telling teh reality :-|

Last edited:

The other one
praka123 said:
remember i have opened the hidden trap of Vista called DRM to be known to many users for the firsttime here afaik.

You have not opened anything good for others, because you don't talk logic. DRM is bad for end users and everyone knows that . For the third time i am reminding, do you have answers for Sakumars three questions? If you don't, just say it . Don't write same thing all over again and again.

din

Tribal Boy
@Praka123

I humbly request you to go through the thread

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61518

Alomst all others who were fighting in this thread checked that but I think you missed id. Please have a look.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ din

All windows bashers including arya & prakash missed that thread.

remember i have opened the hidden trap of Vista called DRM to be known to many users for the firsttime here afaik

Nope, you are spreading FUD & Lies about Windows Vista and its DRM

1) Vista DRM affects only HD DVD & Blue Ray

2) For quite some time, it has no effect cos there is no HD DVD & Blue Ray in India yet.

3) Vista DRM doesn't affect any other file or non-DRM content.

4) 99.99999999% Indians are using non-DRM content.

5) You are an ignorant fanboy. Stick to Linux & try making a hack to play HD DVD, It will be complete & will be released in 2009 as version 0.2.

vaithy

In the zone
Hello!

Usually my posting will took whole of the server so usually I learn to watch the posting of other members but no fight..

Here what we learn is One member says Vista has good security features, that is very good reason for many windows users to cheers, who are fed up with day to day cleansing of their system with multiple Antivirus, firewalls, daily dose of windows updates,,etc.,etc., Now they can breathe easy..
So far it is good!! But it didn’t stop there, only when the member who post the chart from one of Redmond’s embedded sites, the fight begin….O.K !! O.K!! Imav may ready to say, that I belong to one of the Anti Windows brigade or the dreaded ’ commie’RMS pal !! So a little intro do no harm!!

I am basically Accountant so my computer knowledge is very limited, working Windows system in my Office from it Windows95 to98 and 2000, now its Windows XP.. yet to see Vista but no comment on it now. Three years ago when I purchase my first computer it was preinstalled with Windows XP with recovery cd. At that time I don’t know the existence of Linux.. the system was mainly used for sending e-mails, downloading multimedia applications both trial and free wares. Norton was installed and frequently updated. Anyhow the system was infected so severe it hard disk could not be used for booting. When I have read in a magazine how Linux is not affected by virus, I asked the vender to install Linux, but he refused point blank, and warned if I installed Linux the warranty for the computer will be off. So I have to wait for the warranty period over than get fedora’s ver.2. cd from a friend, installed it. Ofcourse multimedia never worked.. and internal modem never connected… even Open-Office is very slow than MSWord, also it has many bugs..( but now my PclinuxOS can play all multimedia filesas well as connecting the internet is breeze..) but I pressed on now I am mainly spending my time in Linux where as my kids are very fond of windows they can play Need for speed . They are not interested in Linux and I am not pressing them to learn it..Why?
Linux is not a mere OS!!
It is the symbol for the free world!! It is the result of thousands of developers world over give their labour freely so the people who has no means to access the costly proprietary softwares, can be benefit from it. There is nothing wrong if somebody want to use Windows, then it is their freedom to do so..Millions of users are still using Linux along with their Windows based system. They are not the fanboys of RMS or Torwald!!

What prakash try to tell you is if DRM (embedded in the vista) allowed to come to India ( where traditional knowledge is shared for humanity for thousands years) it will lead to death knell to our traditional values, which emphasis the sharing the knowledge and wealth for the benefit of masses, will vanish..

Let me again come to the topic!! Yes the security features in Vista is very good.. Usually it is the Linux people to talk , “ our application can also run like Windows” and showcashed their wares. This is the first time Redmond is seriously advertising how their security features are like “Linux”

So the wheel is coming full circle!!

Thanking you ,
with regards,
Vaithy

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Linux has its own benefit, yes we do admit. Even I m working on to make my own bootable USB Drive with Slax installed in it. Its quite modular.

However, the problem is that Linux users are not ready to admit that Microsoft has learned something & came out with a product far better in security then before. You say the Linux developers are talented & thats why they make great software, so do u mean all the MIT, BIT, NID, NIFT graduates in Microsoft software development team are idiots?

Prakash, I will personally Nuke you & torment your room :D if you sing your DRM tune again. Your tune is useless in India. You wanna create awareness about DRM, go join Neowin & other European or American forums where DRM actually matters. You will be disappointed cos there u will get reply "yes we do know DRM is bad & yeas we do hate it & yes we are working on to remove. Now keep your tune off"

praka123

left this forum longback
thx for the post @vaithi.i am again saying what is happening in Western countries can happen in India too,albeit it will take may be some time.
What i am saying is that with Vista available in India too as anywhere else,it shows the reach of this lobby of business tykoons and DRM and other restrictive technologies are hindering user freedom which most of you dont mind unless otherwise questioned.
[URL="*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=2943" said:
sakumar79[/url]] @praka123, I asked a few questions in my earlier post:
1. Give me an example of how MS did whatever they wanted and US changed their law for them.
2. Suggest an alternative Digital Rights mechanism that is both user friendly as well as (atleast) equally effective
3. Why you believe that DRM is used to watch what you are doing and send it back, and that do you think that it was not possible earlier for them to track your personal info and send it if they wanted to?
1.There are something which are not explained which are understood.
Did u need explanation why turmeric(haldi),basmati rice etc can be patented at US by lawhouses there?they call the reason "biopiracy",yes what a good logic;eh?
Now as u r not sure,just google for "microsoft lobbying" it spits off each and every tries public notices.
Do you believe that a company filthy rich like M$ cant push their ways with laws?
Why does there is this US vs Microsoft for anti-competent business practises?
*usvms.gpo.gov/
as for business FUDs,M$ "gets the facts" campaign too can be taken.
believe it or not microsoft has got a bunch of "bullyies" in the US law making bodies and M$ does push their stance to be laws
M$ did have this tactics of buying its rival companies or destroy rivals buy FUDing.waiting for everything to be proven is a waste exercise atleast in regard to M$.there is this quote from wikipedia whether the windows infected hate it or what:
Corporate

Since the 1980s, Microsoft has been the focus of much controversy in the computer industry. Most criticism has been for its business tactics, often described with the motto "embrace, extend and extinguish". Microsoft initially embraces a competing standard or product, then extends it to produce their own incompatible version of the software or standard, which in time extinguishes competition that does not or cannot use Microsoft's new version.[70] These and other tactics have led to various companies and governments filing lawsuits against Microsoft.[71][31][10] Microsoft has been called a "velvet sweatshop" in reference to allegations of the company working its employees to the point where it might be bad for their health. The first instance of "velvet sweatshop" in reference to Microsoft originated from a Seattle Times article in 1989, and later became used to describe the company by some of Microsoft's own employees.[72][73]
Free software proponents point to the company's joining of the Trusted Computing Platform Alliance (TCPA) as a cause of concern. A group of companies that seek to implement an initiative called Trusted Computing (which is claimed to set out to increase security and privacy in a user's computer), the TCPA is decried by critics as a means to allow software developers to enforce any sort of restriction they wish over their software.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft#Criticism
2.I just stated from early itself that i am against implementation of DRM in any of its form,be it in VIsta OS or firmware on players is Intangible.the final word that is.
I believe in democracy in an ideal world and US laws can be no saviour if ur poor.The alternate options for DRM-is nothing.no force on people.
let the users decide to purchase copies.just let them aware of piracy.restrictions must end there.let the brain-pool be used to resolve piracy.
3.How can you believe something closed source?you been taking things for granted.there is sure M$ spywares even in Vista as it is present in earlier versions of Windows that i strongly believe.If you insist,why do you have viruses,malwares and what not in windows platform,dont you think that it is M$' s weak OS system which is responsible for this rather than relying on 3rd party tools(read AV).
Microsoft Blocks Vista Rootkit Exploit
M$ WGA is another candidate.

In the same way,i believe a closed source OS can have anything its owner can implant on it.this is what i get from researching www.I am the same person who predicted Vista will set u apart Rs15000 at minimum before its release,let me predict-it wont take time even with their locked kernels that viruses can be there within 2 yrs.
Microsoft's hidden files! as i am not going to point the correct web address :
*www.google.co.in/search?q=windows%20hidden%20files%20used%20by%20microsoft&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
DRM is a rootkit,which works inside ur OS as a region.it means that it can contain anything which M$ or crackers can implant that normal AV or RKhunters cant detect.is a reality.

What i want to tell that besides GNU/Linux or Linux,there is a big movement that is gaining momentum called Open Source Movement(FOSS).OSS does not mean that you can not earn money from this.It expects a major change in today's customer-client relationship that is brought up by proprietory companies.It isnt against a software devel earning his pay instead OSS expects subscription based system.

@gx_saurav:leave it.it wont do u good.let ur BOSS's company's karpoot's revealed :D enjoy ;)

Last edited:

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Dudes, DRM is already here. I got DRM music on my N70 Music Edition memory card - Legends of India. I cant play the songs on my computer but only on my phone. I hate DRM. But that doesnt mean I will not upgrade to vista once it becomes the gaming platform. With vista I have a choice. I can continue to use it without DRM. I will never buy DRM stuff. But in case on some occassion I have to play DRM content (like getting some disc free with magazine or as a gift) I can still choose to.

Aren't songs bought from itunes store DRM?

vaithy

In the zone
Dear Praka123,
Take my advice, Once I was like you, posted everything and anything come to my way if the word, 'Windows or Linux' uttered in any of the forum.. but now I become more wiser, simply watching, what others say.. It is a good manner if you know that particular poster made a valid argument, then aknowledge it ( even if it is opposed to your idealogy). Also don;t open many fronts diverting from the topic, your main argument may lost ..So far Vista's tauted security yu have no answer.. give the score to opposition gracefully..
About DRM in Vista I fully accept your view.. you should have explained it in your previous posting without tauting M$ and its followers.. Remember many of the Windows users here are also Linux users. When some body say DRM not going to affect them, and they are going to use it, then the matter settled. In the spirit of FOSS , they have the same freedom of choice as the other FOSS. So leave it there.. they are grown up not just kids!! if you feel you to explain to unsuspecting users effect the harm effects of DRM, then raise another topic for the title..

with regards,
Vaithy

praka123

left this forum longback
OK. i should end my part in this thread here.let the wise know what is wrong and what is right?and i fully believe in FOSS and the choices,but cant tolerate DRM,that's what i said first and last. :-|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom