Vista is still the most secure OS to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The other one
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Sorry for acing n00b but praka123 can you please tell me what exactly in DRM bothers you. I mean what kind of privacy it breaches ? Please tell me in your own words and dont link me to Blogs and stuff. Thanks :)

Dont expect that :D , all he will do is a big copy paste. I read his previous posts in this forum and he always does this , and even same stuff many times.
How about answering this dude , i think he has some fair questions
sakumar said:
@praka123, I asked a few questions in my earlier post:
1. Give me an example of how MS did whatever they wanted and US changed their law for them.
2. Suggest an alternative Digital Rights mechanism that is both user friendly as well as (atleast) equally effective
3. Why you believe that DRM is used to watch what you are doing and send it back, and that do you think that it was not possible earlier for them to track your personal info and send it if they wanted to?

Rather than answer any of my questions through statements backed with proof (dont give me links to opinion sites. Give me links to news sites), you have started making more statements on the same. Without giving proof, all your statements are also FUDs (just like the patent-infringement FUDs that MS raised).

DRM is not customer friendly, no doubt. But recently when apple started to sell some DRM free tracks, they contained data about the person who purchased them (which i think is fair) . You can transfer those tracks on various supported hardware that you own , but still the fact is that you can not let your purchased tracks hover over internet,because they have your info on them(although this info can be removed by certain ways). Some users were still pissed by this fact which shows people only need DRM free content so they can pirate it. No matter how positive steps companies take to ease it for users.

praka123

left this forum longback
wow!bashing me for telling teh truths here.eh? :lol: what is wrong if i quoted external sources?as per the context of the thread VIsta be the most secure os-i showed that it isnt and it contains DRM menace.know it dude,rather than bashing every post of mine.i posted the reality of Vista and alongwith it's DRM too.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
prakash u hate windows only coz it has drm and u cant even say what drm is or how it affects u in ur own words u will copy-paste text or giv links whats bothering u cant be out in ur own words ur being a mouth peice rather than some 1 affected .... its not bashing u but ur lack of rational understanding ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
praka123 said:
becoz with closed source Vista with DRM,You dont know what can be collected by malwares,spywares in Windows series of OS;right?:rolleyes:

Maruti closed source the engine. You don't know if piston is above the crack shaft or below teh crack shaft. Now don't buy a Maruti car

Gr8 Prakash Logic. :mad:

You cannot be so sure,about any OS or hardware,let it be your favourite too be not harming you,unless its specs and code are open and verified.

Wait, your TV, Fridge, RAM, Washing Machine are open source? Wow, I never knew you can overclock your Washing machine for more fast spins & you can install Linux in your Fridge :D
Windows Vista which carries DRM lock for ur music.

Where?

and for DRM Music,You are not allowed to keep a backup of ur copy of music again as DRM mechanism stops you from doing this.

Yes you are allowed, just burn a CD, or copy anywhere else while backing up your license.

for a rational mind,this makes DRM a crippleware,malware.

Then I doubt you have a rational mind :D

they forced DRM with Vista.it is not forced on M$ by RIAA.

Read the 300 pages of this forum again where I & so many other members tried to tell u where u r wrong, but you are such a big idiot that u have a problem in reading English.

DRM in Vista means each and everything you are doing can be possibly traced and logged.

Then according to your logic, this can also happen in Open Source OS cos the source code is easily modifiable by the Admin department or authority which is installing it.

Cant it be that all OS needs to be Open SOurced be a law?

Nope, sorry. Linux has no Innovation.

and every rights are there for a person who uses OSS too have teh power to access media at any format.

You mean hack the DRM technology, yup OSS is very legal.

The other one
praka123 said:
wow!bashing me for telling teh truths here.eh? :lol: what is wrong if i quoted external sources?as per the context of the thread VIsta be the most secure os-i showed that it isnt and it contains DRM menace.know it dude,rather than bashing every post of mine.i posted the reality of Vista and alongwith it's DRM too.

One thing that is wrong with 'always' copy pasting other sources shows that you never have your own opinion on a matter , you go by the thing always said by others. Although quoting other sources sometimes is absolutely not bad, but not always.

I have read your old posts too, and all are same. Crippled with DRM comes from a user who has been told many times that you can buy and play non DRM stuff on that OS too, and as MS is doing business its very obvious for them to include the feature for the users to use DRM'd content if he/she needs. It's very obvious that Entertainment industry will try to protect their copyrighted material and introduce such implementations, as a buyer i want my OS to be ready to play such secure files. I personally will never buy a DRM contaminated file but i am happy there is a option for users like me and as well as others who buy protected content.

You believe the sources you quote but at the same time if any source gives a + to vista you have a sheep mentality of MS bought that source. As a user you or me will never like DRM but did you bother to answer the questions put up by Sakumar? What you didn't google yet for them? go go google !!!

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
just coz yash raj decided to launch music on drm prakash hates MS for it gr8 logic dude .... prakash 1 advice let ur mind make up the decision of wats good and wats bad not the opinions of others on a lot of linux forums im certain u r echoing most of their concerns here ;)

drm drm drm drm drm .... prakash get ur userid changed to drm drm drm drm drm

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
praka123 said:
@sukhdeepsinghkohli:First of All I'm not a n00b here,the thing is my id is changed by admin as requested:p

As of DRM's side-effects, sure knows it is a malware which intrudes your privacy.How? becoz with closed source Vista with DRM,You dont know what can be collected by malwares,spywares in Windows series of OS;right?:rolleyes:
DRM even in hardware for eg: DVD(HD,blu-ray) players in future will bundle this if no user intervention comes stopping this been enforced in western countries as it is for sure India will follow suite.
You cannot be so sure,about any OS or hardware,let it be your favourite too be not harming you,unless its specs and code are open and verified.
playing HD_DVDs and blurays are not the end of the storage experiance.there are already other attempts which tries to get with par,without DRM menace-for eg:China's alternate DVD format.
there are DRM-exploits(wmp?) which hampers user experiance too.
Digital Restriction Management as of now is clearly intruding fair use rights.the future with this sort of technologies pressurred on Users will be a biggest disaster .the worst case is Windows Vista which carries DRM lock for ur music.DRM is not a "Technological advantage"-it is like for eg:as u may be knowing jasiya forced on other religions.at the end of all this the user will be just "leasing" his Vista OS(ever read complete EULA) and for DRM Music,You are not allowed to keep a backup of ur copy of music again as DRM mechanism stops you from doing this.for a rational mind,this makes DRM a crippleware,malware.even more than this,a success for DRM enforcement means future laws will make it terrible for anything other than proprietory companies to cop up with a music market where each and every music files are "copyrighted" with terrible measures as this.
in future anything even from DRMed Hardware(afaik AMD is developing this!),Software will not be allowed by these authorities.
what will be implemented in US/Europe will be follow suit by most countries in the context of technologies and laws.
As a corporate selling both pirated and genuine copy of windows vista os with DRM,Microsoft did the wrong for its users world over.they forced DRM with Vista.it is not forced on M$ by RIAA.they can sure let Vista comeout without DRM.but they in future want to compete everywhere spreading DRM too in the cause.even more as a closed source OS,believe it or not,Vista DRM implementation sure may have its set of flaws(in security,privacy) which will be revealed with time.DRM in Vista means each and everything you are doing can be possibly traced and logged.

Another aspect i notice is,that when Vista and may be MAC too get DRM incorporated,what will be the future of Free Software or Open SOurce Operating systems,for eg: GNU/Linux?cant it be just that we dont have the right to not to choose DRM and cop up with newer technologies,in that case i will say the clear Agenda of DRM is to kill its users fair usage rights and EULA's been enforced on them.
Cant it be that all OS needs to be Open SOurced be a law?do u feel raged?=the same thing is DRM forced on media.and every rights are there for a person who uses OSS too have teh power to access media at any format.
As an OS,I am not against Windows,but against Vista+DRM that is. let veteran users too knows the DRM menace. :)
Thanks praka123 for enlightening me on that :)

But thinking of privacy, wont that make Google a culprit aswell. They can easily know more about you if they want to - i guess

Google - What kind of information u search for and what interests you
Orkut - Who your friends are, what your social cirls consists.
Gtalk - Who you talk to,
Gmail - What kinda of mail you get, from whom, when, how much
Youtube - What kinda of videos you watch. We know what guys watch but what the heck......:D
Blogger - No explaination needed i guess here
Desktop Search and tons more.....

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
praka123 said:
DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM DRM

Idiot, gadha, ullu, moron, stupid, nonsense....ignorant, fanboy

Mehul, I m sorry, but could not resist :D

praka123

left this forum longback
gx_saurav said:
Idiot, gadha, ullu, moron, stupid, nonsense....ignorant, fanboy

Mehul, I m sorry, but could not resist :D
^^ same to You :D cant stop telling that.U r bashing MAC,Linux everywhere and some two members here too.
I think he's pwned long back :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Lolz...you even copy pasted my opinion to me, instead of writing your own. Avtar was right about u.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Google - What kind of information u search for and what interests you
Orkut - Who your friends are, what your social cirls consists.
Gtalk - Who you talk to,
Gmail - What kinda of mail you get, from whom, when, how much
Youtube - What kinda of videos you watch. We know what guys watch but what the heck......:D
Blogger - No explaination needed i guess here
Desktop Search and tons more.....
Yups that's what i also wanted to ask him ?

And i had asked one linux fanboy the same question in some other thread that is his TV , Fridge , etc Open Source too .

btw , Prakash , i think that you own a mobile , then i also think that it's OS is not Open Source then how do you know that ur mobile is not transmitting your usage statistic s, phone calls , and every of your contact list to ur operator n mobile owner ?

Mate it's all a mutual understanding , you Have to trust companies , i trust MS when they say in EULA that they will not collect private data , i trust that they won't . same goes for every product . The basis of each service is trust :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
btw , Prakash , i think that you own a mobile , then i also think that it's OS is not Open Source then how do you know that ur mobile is not transmitting your usage statistic s, phone calls , and every of your contact list to ur operator n mobile owner ?

Holy f***....SE & BSNL are sending my phone logs to my dad, now he will find out which gals i talk to whole day. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my mom will find out about which gal i called at my home when I was home alone.

I am so scared......nahiiiiiiii :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ switch to open source cell fones ... ask prakash about it and make sure it doesnt have drm drm drm drm

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gx_saurav said:
.....now he will find out which gals i talk to whole day.

lol.. i see u on forum all day... u got time to call too!! :D :D hehe... true multitasker!!! ;)

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Mate it's all a mutual understanding , you Have to trust companies....

yeah, but i can never trust two companies: MS and Apple!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
dont even trust google or ur bank
Yup, even I have switched to Live search

lol.. i see u on forum all day... u got time to call too!! :grin: :grin: hehe... true multitasker!!! :wink:

SE HPM-70 is a hands free device for K750i

There are various beetel or BPL or chienese cordless phones in the market with hands free support

Speaker Phone (Dangerous while asking out)

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
MS employee said:
Vista is still the most secure OS to date.
Does anyone expect anyone working in M$ to say that Vista is insecure?

I don't know why the poster of this thread didn't mentioned the last important lines of that link: "Full Disclosure: I work for Microsoft"

Oh please, just have a look at *www.microsoft-watch.com/content/security/microsoft_is_counting_bugs_again.html

"The point: Don't count on security flaw counting. The real flaw is the counting."

microsoft-watch/content/security/microsoft_is_counting_bugs_again.html said:
Near as I can tell, Jones' counting ignores operating system components. Bulletin MS07-033, released last week, contains patches for five separate security vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer 7. A cumulative patch is available for the IE 7 for Vista and Vista 64-bit. Bulletin MS07-034 fixes two vulnerabilities for Windows Mail, which is part of Vista. Another bulletin, MS07-032, is specific to Windows. By my count, that's three bulletins and eight security fixes just in June.

Sorry, but Microsoft's self-evaluating security counting isn't really good accounting.

Last edited:

The other one
praka123 said:
^^ same to You :D cant stop telling that.U r bashing MAC,Linux everywhere and some two members here too.
I think he's pwned long back :D

Reminder : Sakumar asked you some good questions. Didn't find anything thru google to copy paste? Lets see for how much time you will ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom