Vista Feedback Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Working on Vista now, looks awesome nd works perfectly. I've managed to crash Explorer.exe some 2 -3 times but it recovers very well, just goes ahead and says there is some porblem with Explorer ...restarting it rather than just waiting on it. Has nyone else seen this behaviour ?

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
AshishSharma said:
Working on Vista now, looks awesome nd works perfectly. I've managed to crash Explorer.exe some 2 -3 times but it recovers very well, just goes ahead and says there is some porblem with Explorer ...restarting it rather than just waiting on it. Has nyone else seen this behaviour ?

Ya, I have also had this problem. It seems a driver is at fault. See my config in my signature, I have 4 partitions of 20GB each. I formatted the F drive and installed Vista by booting from the DVD. I only loaded the nforce beta drivers for beta 2 from the nvidia website and it is working perfectly. And additionally I had to load the PPPoE software for Dataone. Initially it crashed by giving a dump and a blue screen but then when I rebooted, it connected to dataone smoothly. Also the old 2000/XP drivers of my dial up modem was at fault. Initially after I installed it and restarted, the system froze after sometime. Then I booted into safe mode, uninstalled the drivers and disabled the hardware from the device manager and the system is working smoothly. Who needs a dial up modem anyway nowadays.

I have enabled all eye candy (aero etc) and it is stunning. Haven't tried the x86 beta 96.33 forceware drivers. It loaded the display driver internally by itself. After I load this driver, I will try some gaming. You can get all info regarding the hardware not installed from the welcome center which is right in the start menu. The clock at the right of the desktop is amazing. So is tabbed browsing with IE7. For me, if I use Vista, it may be bye bye firefox.:D
Even pressing the CTRL-ALT-DEL combination gives the same menu differently. I did not notice any performance increase in Windows Media player 11 along with DFX 6 trial version. Did not get the deep bass as expected with my MX-5021 as in XP. May be that will be fixed in the final release.

More feedback later. All I can say now is Vista will surely rock...:cool:

And also for me, I may try for the Ultimate edition from abroad...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom