vista compliant graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I am buying xfx 7600 GT will this be able to run vista, what will I loose, I need it only for graphic system & this has dual dvi prt to run 2 19 inch monitors.

I am quoted for this Rs 9850/- is the price right?

premsharma

In the zone
It runs like a horse on my XFX GeForce 6600GT. It also runs nicely on D101 GCC boards which have ATI RX 200 chip onboard. Of course system RAM not less than 512 MB

well , wait for a dx 10 card if u really want vista compliant

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
cant wait...............have been waiting last 6 months........................so there will always be something new coming & I would remain waiting.
I didnt Dated bcoz I hated to "wait" for my GF:D & last 6 montsh I have been waiting to build a new system.

What is then vista compliant, what will I miss if I run vista with 7600GT, no gaming done at my end.

Last edited:

premsharma

In the zone
Kniwor said:
u kidding, vista will hop on a 7600GT, god heavens it's an OS not a game....

Agree, Vista compliant is a gimmick for you to buy new hardware. I don't want to commit here but I have been using ............ Ultimate for more than a month now on D101GCC with ATI RX200 integrated mother board and another on MSI 915 P/G Combo with XFX Geforce 6600GT. No difference what so ever in graphics. Net surfing etc is very fast in vista as compared XP. Say arround 40% faster, don't know how?

monkey

Padawan
For Vista to show its full visual capabilities, you will require DX10 card. On DX9 cards you will not be able to benefit on Aero visual engine of Vista (though Vista will still run perfectly).
I saw some DX10 cards (8800GS and 8800GT) by MSI on www.yantraonline.in though they cost 30k+.

well , if u r missing dx 10 , u r missing the future........
(not a dialog from some movie ........ but a very good point in the long run .

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
LOL.......... 30K
I will wait for ever for the price to come down & when I am about to buy new DX11 will be round the corner making me wait further.

premsharma

In the zone
monkey said:
For Vista to show its full visual capabilities, you will require DX10 card. On DX9 cards you will not be able to benefit on Aero visual engine of Vista (though Vista will still run perfectly).

I don't agree with this. It is yet another gimmick. MS would never want that otherwise who will buy Vista? They have already clarified officially the requirements for vista in min catory and to fullest potential and No directX mention. It may improve but it is not a pre-requisite. For the DX 10 compliant cards, I have just spoken to Test center Digit, they said wait till july, 8600 probably and equivalent from ATI would be there in market for arround at the cost of 12000 - 14000.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
For Vista-compliant nVidia MCP's (or Motherboard Chipsets), go here:
*www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_mcp.html

For Vista-compliant nVidia GPU's (or Graphics Processors), go here:
*www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_gpu.html

For Vista-compliant ATI MCP's & GPU's, go here:
*ati.amd.com/technology/windowsvista/Products.html

In case of prices, sorry. Can't help u with that.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
rahul_becks23 said:
well , if u r missing dx 10 , u r missing the future........
(not a dialog from some movie ........ but a very good point in the long run .

Thats what they said with the launch of DX9.0c ... looks like we've already missed it .. :D ..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Vista Aero is not directX 10 based first of all, all it required is a DirectX 9c complient graphics card, even a geforce fx 5700 which is over 4.5 years old will run it perfectly.

DirectX 10 brings other enhancements such as a new Driver model, ability to reset the graphics adapter on the fly when required, user mode drivers & most important a very high efficiency lavel.

Even if u don't have a directx 10 card, u will miss nothing with vista & a DX9c based card, although u won't be able to play games, but not everyone playes games. Onboard Radeon X200 is equivalent to geforce fx 5200 in performance, it might be slow in UI drawing at resolutions above 1600X1200, but otherwise, it fine for the job

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Why can't someone play games with Dx 9c based card on vista? I was able to play on RTM version with my 7600GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom