Vista Banned??????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
shantanu_webmaster said:
The key used by most of us is taken away by SPYWARE softwares, under our secret information. now what happens is that the key is legit and it is distributed freely on crack sites, a user uses the key depending on the edition of windows we are using... then the key is used by thousands of people, so after a irregular and improper activations the product and the KEY used is been copied to suspicious list and the online activation is BUAD... this is why a genuine customer faces problems.
Its better to say that the key is retrieved through social engineering then putting the blame on spywares etc unless MS-Windows itself hinders the privacy n freedom! I know the key is distributed, but maybe u shud read the EULA agreement again that u r talking about again n again. The activation is not just tied to a key, but to the whole hardware. On the top of that the SP2 installation can be used to verify if ur editon is genuine!

When I first got my genuine edition I was already having a cracked edition before that and the key of my genuine edition was freely available on the net. Take it for granted that in this world of a billion pc/windows users, the key might have been used for atleast a 1000 times......exceeding the activation limit?
EULA said:
1.2 Mandatory Activation.The license rights granted under this EULA are limited to the first thirty (30) days after you first install the Software unless you supply information required to activate your licensed copy in the manner described during the setup sequence of the Software. You can activate the Software through the use of the Internet or telephone; toll charges may apply. You may also need to reactivate the Software if you modify your computer hardware or alter the Software. There are technological measures in this Software that are designed to prevent unlicensed use of the Software. Microsoft will use those measures to confirm you have a legally licensed copy of the Software. If you are not using a licensed copy of the Software, you are not allowed to install the Software or future Software updates. Microsoft will not collect any personally identifiable information from your Workstation Computer during this process.
*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/proeula.mspx

So y is this "activation limit" affecting the same machine/hardware?
I hope the highlighted part tells everyone the whole story! Then y do I have to face this crappy "activation via phone" procedure now when VISTA has been launched?

shantanu_webmaster said:
then a customer BACKFIRES on M$ , sues the company for privacy and other flaws and for having to spent hundreds in phone calls for activation... so a new tech. is developed now , which is called ACTIVATION by SMS... it will be in use just after SP1 for windows vista , as per claimed, now windows XP will also be upgraded by SP3 , nearly AUG 2008, and it will also be updated with this scheme...
Time will tell how effective it is and more "user friendly" to the customer!

shantanu

Technomancer
ok continuing here:

the thing is that you cant install Windows Xp on multiple Pc's with single key... now the companies get Multi user license agreement from M$ for this...

and it is :
Home edition :
This End End User License Agreement (EULA) is for informational purposes only. There is no software accompanying the EULA.

IMPORTANT-READ CAREFULLY: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Microsoft Corporation for the Microsoft software that accompanies this EULA, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, "online" or electronic documentation, and Internet-based services ("Software"). An amendment or addendum to this EULA may accompany the software. YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT INSTALL, COPY, OR USE THE SOFTWARE; YOU MAY RETURN IT TO YOUR PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND, IF APPLICABLE.

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following rights provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:

1.1 Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one copy of the Software on a single computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other device ("Workstation Computer"). The Software may not be used by more than one processor at any one time on any single Workstation Computer.

Professional SP2/without SP2

1.1 Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one
copy of the Software on a single computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other
device (“Workstation Computer”). The Software may not be used by more than two (2)
processors at any one time on any single Workstation Computer
these are the first lines of EULA... read them..

mediator

Technomancer
So the "private company" that bought the xp cd had the "Multi user license agreement from M$" right? That means it can be installed on multiple pcs? Then y do u think that my pc is an exception even though it got activated 20+ times in past 3-4 years? R u saying MS activates the products that easily and gives the licenses? In ur opinion my cd is not original. I wonder how I never got "Your windows is not genuine" error ever!

shantanu

Technomancer
you windows is genuine , but you said it was not written anywhere in EULA, so i made it clear... and i can only tell if your windows Xp was Multi user , if you give me the PART no. its on BOX..

and your key is genuine so your windows is , but if you install a single user on multiple PC's then it is wrong and EULA is forbidden.. i am saying some correct words which are taking to wrong side.. coz you also understood that i am correct,, but here EGOt works... please provide with part no. or serial no. (not the CD KEY) :) and chill

mediator

Technomancer
Ok, then I think u didn't understood me from the start where I explained to u the company issue in PM, where u shud have undertsood the multi-user thing and then u said my cd isn't original. So I think that clears up the confusion. There's no ego here, but it really irritates when u get "phone by activation thing" even when the cd might have got 30+ times activated ( exceeding the limit already ?) and then u have to use the cracks for it and then someone says that the cd is not original. :)

shantanu

Technomancer
are yaar!!! why you think i didnt understand you !! just wanted you clear your doubts... just that :p dont feel BAD.. i dont mean your CD is not original.. just that if its a ssignle user... thing that only.. dont feel hurted... ok.. plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom