Virus - Win 32 valla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I use a sys with win 98 installed on c:\ and win xp installed on d:\. I use avast anti-virus v4.6. Recently while scanning the system with XP as OS, the AV detected win32: valla virus. But the AV is not able to repair the infected files. I cannot delete the infected files as the files infected are all the .exe system files located in c:\windows\system folder. Selecting the option of scanning at boot time also does not repair the file. My virus definitions are upto date. Kindly help...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm try this 2 links bellow...

*www.grisoft.com/doc/112/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.valla.2048.html

hope these will help u...

anandk

Distinguished Member
surprising avast fails to delete it, even at boot-time ! b'coz it doz have a boot-time delete option also, dznt it !?

if u know the virii file names. use 'deletedoctor' utility from www.diskcleaners.com to delete the sticky basxxxxx ! :evil:
the 2nd lind mentioned above, also gives some pretty imp info.

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
solution for win 32 valla

thnx dude...
The link to grisoft site provides with a tool rmvalla.exe. After running the file in safe mode, the virus was detected and removed. Avast still does not offer any solution to win 32 valla....

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
I am now using avg coz my avast was giving a lot of problem recently with updating....a known problem with 4.6.731 vverson.I'll stick to avg for that time. I left AVG a long time ago nd I must say..AVG has improved a lot...It became faster..more efficient nd E mail scanning now works transparently without any Client configuration

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Stubborn win32 valla and win32 opus

I downloaded the rmvalla tool from grisoft but the prb is dat the virus win32 valla keeps coming back no matter what and it infects all poss. exe files in win98. Avast is of no use and avg only detects but does not heal or remove the virus... plz help. Now rmvalla fails to detect the virus. A new virus win32 opus is also being detected but again both the AV fail to remove them. I use avg in win98 and avast on win xp

asdf1223

Journeyman
try boot time scanning in win 98 alone. or dos prompt scanning.try using minimal safe mode in win xp and see. i have been infected with the virus and its frankly very annoying. but it has no threat really just increase all .exe file sizes by 2mb by adding junk code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom