Virus Problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

codeash

Broken In
Hi Friends my laptop Compaq nx6120 is infected with a virus called Apropos.C this is a spyware kinda virus....norton shows my machine is infected with this virus but when i scan it is no where to be found...i scanned my computer on safe mode too using norton 2006 and it found some infections but than still i get the message that Apropos.C is still on my machine...I many a times get a blue screen error and my laptop restarts automatically...on restart when i submit the report it say it says the problem might have occured due to Apropos.C.....which means the spyware is there on my machine but how to remove it...i even tried Spysweeper latest......

sakumar79

Technomancer
Look at *securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/spyware.apropos.c.html and follow the manual removal instructions...

or

spyware expert, Swandog46, has developed a removal tool for it - use it like this:

You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

Please download AproposFix from here:
*swandog46.geekstogo.com/aproposfix.exe

Save it to your desktop but do NOT run it yet.

Then please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, please double-click aproposfix.exe and unzip it to the desktop. Open the aproposfix folder on your desktop and run RunThis.bat. Follow the prompts.

When the tool is finished, please reboot back into normal mode

Arun

swatkat

Technomancer
Yea, run the ApoprosFix. After that, if possible run an online scan at Kaspersky Online Scanner and post back the log file here.

OP
C

codeash

Broken In
Okie thanks for the help...I have just now downloaded the file now will goto safe mode and remove it and than the online scan thing and will post the report too..thanks friends...

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Not all the Spyware can be removed using SpySweeper
or SpyBot. Some are very tricky. Use a good firewall
like ZoneAlarm and monitor what's coming in and what's
going out from your PC. The firewall can check the activities of the Spyware. Every time some program tries
to connect to the Net, that 's not initiated by you, deny
it internet access.
If there 's no important data in the harddisk.
Format, and reinstall the OS.
Like I said previously install ZoneAlarm and don't
browse websites that are not trusted ones.
:roll: :D

mohit sharma

Journeyman
avast antivirus + microsoft antispyware + zone alrm pro + spybot s&d = foolproof and light on machiene solution for protection !!
i think so !!
tell me if i m wrong ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom