Status
Not open for further replies.

chanduthebest

Broken In
i have installed Norton Anti virus.i have recently updated the virus definitions.
And all I want to know is.. where are these definitions saved.?
And guess what.. i got some problem with lsass.exe i had to shutdown in a minute after logging on to the internet...

Any solution guys????

swatkat

Technomancer
Download Sasser Removal Tool here.

Download the Security patch for Windows here.

To stop the Shutdown, do this:-
1] Go to Start> Run
2] Type CMD and press ENTER
3] Type SHUTDOWN -A and press ENTER.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
dude,
what does norton tell u abt the virus?
is it sasser or something else?
if sasser removal tool didn't help, that perhaps u might want to try Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.
U'll find it on

*www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

Try it.
Also, whenever u'r system is abt to shutdown, write

shutdown -a

on u'r "Run" dialog box in startup.

swatkat

Technomancer
Download McAfee Stinger and scan ALL the partitions. Did you installed the Microsoft Security patch?

indrajit

Journeyman
Its not nescessarily the sassar worm. The The file associated with sassar has three "S", i.e. Isasss.exe.
Its a windows process. Find the info here.

You may find some support here.

OP
C

chanduthebest

Broken In
indrajit said:
Its not nescessarily the sassar worm. The The file associated with sassar has three "S", i.e. Isasss.exe.

it is " lsass.exe " that is making trouble and not Isasss.exe ..

indrajit

Journeyman
chanduthebest said:
indrajit said:

it is " lsass.exe " that is making trouble and not Isasss.exe ..

Read the post properly. I said you are probably not affected with the sassar worm cause you are having problem with Isass.exe and not Isasss.exe. The 1st one is supposed to be a windows process. Check the links I gave.

OP
C

chanduthebest

Broken In
--indrajit--
dude what i meant was i have problem with lsass.exe,,i did understand that " lsasss.exe " is the thing with worm.

so any solution??

indrajit

Journeyman
God! Why don't you atleast check the links I gave! I said, as suggested by swatkat, you might not have sassar as you dont have Isasss.exe. Dude, just click on the links I gave and check them out!

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
defs r saved in prog files/common files/symantec shared/virusdefs.
Copy the whole thing.u can also delete old defs folder which is not deleted by default

OP
C

chanduthebest

Broken In
sidewinder said:
defs r saved in prog files/common files/symantec shared/virusdefs.

Consider i have a backup of this virusdefs folder and by mistake if Norton antivirus gets uninstalled,,then i reinstall it and copy the definitions that I made a copy of ,to \Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs ,,would the definitions remain the same ( i mean would the definitions be the new ones (the copied ones) ?) or do i have to update again ??

Calcatian

Journeyman
:wink: go 2 McAfee's cafe, search 4 win32.sdbot!fp & apply the critical MS patches...
this bug cannot b "removed" - so 4get it - yor Isass needs 2b patced 2b fixed :!:
:evil: u r not using XPsp2 and most probably not a legit xp and the PID on yor XP CD (if not using 2k) is.... nah I shud stop here :lol:
U n00bz, can't do a thing properly :wink:

Calcatian

Journeyman
:wink: oh, and finally kick the butt of NAV - dont rely on myths - its not the hottest thing now :!: Plus its a real resource hogger :evil:

Calcatian

Journeyman
:wink: Wise up and stop doing so :!: u r a sitting duck & there are hungry wolves lurking around :!:

On a diff. note expertno.1, man thts a snazzy avtr u'v got there - where can i find 1 like this :?:

banned2wise

Broken In
swatkat said:
Download McAfee Stinger and scan ALL the partitions. Did you installed the Microsoft Security patch?

May I just let you guys know that Stinger isn't a complete av solution.
Thats all ..... perhaps sp's wud have fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom