Virus Attack: plz help formating my partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
every log on to windows i get a msg "dont play stupid with me, m better at it"

i hv 4 drives....other 3 drives i formatted but windows partition i cant...

wen i use xp boot it fails 2 setup....otherwise i cant format it 2 get rid of virus....m ready 2 re-install xp but how...setup not working

any way 2 format d windows partition???

Enjoy~!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ if setup is failing (i guess that u are booting from XP CD and then it fails) and u really are sure to format it (instead of scanning ur DRives using a good AV like NOD32)...

So, u hv a n option of connecting ur HDD along with a friend's HDD and then format ur HDD Drives (i hope u got wat i meant to say), coz wen u connect ur HDD along with ur friend's HDD then all ur drives will be listed then u can select ur drives and format them.

BUT, be AWARE! SInce the virus is a irritating one, it may migrate from ur drives onto ur friend's drive too (once u connect in parallel i.e together with ur Friend's HDD) so b4 that, install a good AV, say NOD32 on ur friend's PC then do the above said..

Cheers n e-peace...

janki2008

Broken In
Simply, get a DOS bootable CD-ROM & boot from CD-ROM once at DOS prompt simply format c: giving below command

format c: /s /u /v

Once formating is done boot thorugh XP bootable & install it.

Start posting after 1 hour on this forum :)

Janki
PS: Once all done don't forget to run Acronis & Save the Image file. Will help you save your time next time for such small problem.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Is that the only effect of the 'virus' or you notice something different with your everyday computer avtivities?

If you have any knowledge of Registry Editor then I won't suggest you formatting.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
^ I mean reinstalling the Windows is not the first step u do.
Most of the Trojan viruses adds entries into registry..So its good to use Antivirus or look into the registry.
btw he didn't tell more about virus.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
ya i did d boot cd option....i re installed coz i anyway was thinking of it...virus didnt had any other major effect but ya it did slow down d pc.....deleted d windows fonts n some other system files as i observed missing codecs while playing certain type of vdo files.....etc

Enjoy~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom