Virtual Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello guys,
I need to setup a virtual machine in my fedora 8 installation. Basically I need to install XP as a virtual machine. I also need to transfer data between the host OS and to the virtual machine... (network). Im not sure where to begin :(.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Yesterday I was trying VirtualBox with an Ubuntu 7.10 AMD64 guest OS. It seems that 64 bit is not supported so you might want to check that part out first.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I installed VirtualBox .. But I need to add myself in the vboxusers group.
I tried with the following command but still im unable to get the permision.

Code:
su -
usermod -G vboxusers -a charan
exit

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
exx_2000 said:
Yesterday I was trying VirtualBox with an Ubuntu 7.10 AMD64 guest OS. It seems that 64 bit is not supported so you might want to check that part out first.

AFAIK Virtualization softwares emulate a 32 bit System and you cannot install a 64 bit OS on a 32 bit system; niether real nor virtual....

praka123

left this forum longback
@Charan:arrrey! u have to give all secondary groups along with -G in usermod command.for that,use "groups" command in local user terminal to identify the groups where local user is member of.also restarting or teliniting system to runlevel 1 and return to runlevel 2 to have ur changes applied.best way is to use menu System>admin>user&groups and enable all needed permission and try restarting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom