Viral fever in PC.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Ok guys, here's the problem.
I start my pc, the 'starting windows[7]' screen comes on.
Then a black screen...and then nothing.
The mouse icon stays 'working in background' for sometime and then just the normal cursor remains on the blank screen.

I press the [alt]+[ctrl]+del to bring on the "crash-free" windows 7 screen, then task manager, and end up starting explorer from c:\windows to get my pc started.

Strangly, the opera web browser opens up.

Now, obviously, my PC got the bad case of viral fever.
Some simptoms are
1st. A search.exe icon on my desktop appears everytime i start windows. Double clicking this icon opens the opera front page.

2nd. If i am not worng, the reason for infection is due to a malcious 424 kb .exe application file that came up with my pendrive from my friendss super infected computer. The file's is such that it takes the name of the Folder that it exists in. i.e If I make a new folder named "qwe", the 424 KB file named "qwe" will be created in the original parent folder. Now it does look like the famous Indonesian virus "Brontok" aka "Rontokbro", but the hole in the plot is that I have ESET Smart Security 4 Business Edition installed in my PC, which I downloaded from the internet (is it illegal?), along with its update modules, so i dont know what to do.

SO please help me out here folks.

OP
toad_frog09

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Already did.
See i have the update modules i downloaded.
Thanks for that my antivirus is fully updated.
I already had my pc fully scanned.
No errors come showed.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The file's is such that it takes the name of the Folder that it exists in. i.e If I make a new folder named "qwe", the 424 KB file named "qwe" will be created in the original parent folder. Now it does look like the famous Indonesian virus "Brontok" aka "Rontokbro", but the hole in the plot is that I have ESET Smart Security 4 Business Edition installed in my PC, which I downloaded from the internet (is it illegal?), along with its update modules, so i dont know what to do.

SO please help me out here folks.

came across this virus at college PC. our college PC full of this virus. download & run McAfee Avert Stinger. should clean it.

Top Bottom