Viewsonic Monitor problem

MohsinMan99

RPG Overlord
Seemed like this was the place to post hardware related queries so here goes:

Viewsonic VA1912w. 19 inch monitor. Purchased 3 years back, warranty is over.

During the last few months of warranty, it developed a strange problem(which was fixed but now has resurfaced again!).

When I turn on the monitor, the Power Led switches on but there is no response from the monitor nor was there any display. So, I switched it off/on for 5 minutes.
Then suddenly, display!

It would have been nice if the problem was that simple but the thing is switching off/on time has increased exponentially since then. I had to do this for about 3 hours once! :shock: And it would have probably become higher had I not called ViewSonic and asked them to fix it.
They fixed it after 1 month of continuous calls to their Service center, the excuse being power panel has to arrive from Kolkata(first week they said this), Taiwan(next week excuse) then finally Japan(another week's excuse).
So, when they finally replaced this faulty power panel of my LCD, I thought this was over for at least a year or so.

It wasn't. Barely six months after, it has started again though it is still in the initial stages so I am taking steps to fix this ASAP.

My queries are pretty lame actually but as you know, nobody got anywhere without asking questions.
:D
Should I call the Viewsonic service center and ask them to fix this? Or should I give this to my local repair shop and see if he can do something(the guy does repair CRT's so I'm thinking power-related problems on LCDS' should be easy for him to fix)?

When the VS guy came to repair then, he said the power panel/board would cost around Rs 2000? Do you think it's true? As this is such an old monitor, I doubt it is that much.

How much do you think I should be paying for this(from your experience if you have any)?

tl;dr : I have to fix my monitor's power related problems and need your opinions. Questions are above.

Top Bottom