Video (xvid) splitter needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aadipa

Padawan
I have ripped a original DVD to 1400MB xvid file. Now I want to make 2x700MB parts of it, each individual xvid files, not simple splitting which renders files useless unless they are joined again. Is there any software which can do this without loss of quality? Or ripping again with 2 CDs as target is the only option? Is there any option in AutoGK to make 2x700MB files?

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
VirtualDub is a free software that can do this. It can be extended with a number of plugins available.

OP
aadipa

aadipa

Padawan
Can you please explain how VirtualDub can split my 1400 MB xvid file to 2x700MB xvid files? Please give the procedure. Which plugin can do this job?

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
it needs no plugin just press the home button at the start and approximately press end about half way through.then in video and audio select direct stream copy and then in file save as avi that should do it.

if you want compress it using vp7 codec it will reduce it to 700 mb the whole movie.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
The best XVid splitter is virtualdubmod only dear,
VirtualDubMod will split it best. Open the file, save it as "Direct Stream Copy" and split the file by limiting the amount of MB to let each file be before you start a new one.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Krishna thanks for the information! Is it possible to chop or edit of some portions of AVI files? Do we have any software for it? Can Virtual Dub cut the movie at a particular time rather than file size?

Arey Krishna I have used Virtual Dub but though the quality of picture is good but there is gap between the video that's playing and the audio played. Any solution?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom