Video Splitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
I can't write a 90 min VCD movie onto 1 CD. So, I need to split my 90 mins DAT(VCD) file into two DAT file sections.

I used NO1Video Converter for this. By selecting the clips I would do that but that takes so much of time in encoding too(about 1 hour).

So please suggest me some software if you have used that would split the video files in short time. I want the o/p only in DAT/MPEG format.

Offtopic: When I use NO1 Video Converter, my PC automatically shuts off after 10-15 mins during the process. I think it may be becuse of my CPU(Athlon XP 2400p old) heating. Is there any other problem?

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
try to compress it & write on one cd if its only 1hr long

for larger files use file splitter chainsaw or vcd cutter

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
VCD cutter is good. Dl. the latest version.
About the restarts, check the settings of your application. Else, reinstall it.
Try ripping to Audio-Video Interleave format. Use Virtua-Dub!

BTW, do you have any idea about cutting and splitting .wmv files? What softwares should i use?

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
mayanksharma, MediaCoder shall do the job for you.

When I try to save a selected section from video, my CPU usage goes upto 99% and after few more mins the PC just automatically shuts off. Sure theres overheating problems. But I never used to get overheating problems in the past.
My CPU 4yrs old((Athlon XP 2400p old). Is it time to upgrade?

kani

Right off the assembly line
I think "blueshift" wants to split a DAT file (VCD format) in shortest possible time.
I tried many freebies, like virtual dub/vcd splitter/Tmgpencode etc, but in this area though a commercial, I like MPEG Video Wizard. It re-encodes only the portion you edit and not all. So it's very fast and the quality acceptable.

In my system specs, "intel pentium(R) 3.01Ghz, Ram 1GB, MoB Mercury a 120 min of DAT file (i.e around 650 to 700 MB) after only splitting operation, is exported in around 7-8 min.

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
I have Nero 5.5. Will it burn this size cd?
Another thing is 800MB disks are not easy to find here. I managed to get few 800MB cd's but they didn't work.

Last edited:

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Nero 6.6 is the by far the best! Upgrade to this one and its good then. For 800MB disks, you have to use Overburn feature, if supported by your writer!
Now, for burning, use Auto GK to rip movies in .avi formats. Then burn them to DVD. And it will be player. Though, you can experience some sound issues.

I think, may be its time to upgrade. But even the problem sounds weird to me. Try reinstalling windows or altering the VM settings. May be that could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom